• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: My 2 week anniversary!!

42 posts in this topic

Today is 2 weeks for me since I quit smoking. I used chantix, and am still using chantix but only for another 2 weeks. Quitting was not easy at all, but now I hope to live a bit longer and enjoy my "golden years" with my family. Just wanted to share with everyone on the forum, hopefully it helps someone else make the decision to quit.

Pat-

Today is 2 weeks for me since I quit smoking. I used chantix, and am still using chantix but only for another 2 weeks. Quitting was not easy at all, but now I hope to live a bit longer and enjoy my "golden years" with my family. Just wanted to share with everyone on the forum, hopefully it helps someone else make the decision to quit.

Pat-

(worship)

Chantix is a great medication for quiting IMO. Using the nicotine gum and patches just delays the inevitable.

Lovinthesurfer and I used E-cigs to quit. She was trying to get Chantix from her doctor but her cardiologist wouldn't approve it.

Pat, you'll be surprised by a number of things:

1. The amount of money!

2. The health benefits: non-smokers generally recover from common illnesses and surgeries much faster. And you have a little one now--no worries in keeping up with their running around when they get old! ;)

3. You'll live longer--always a winner!

Way to go man. You're making a good decision here and giving your family a real gift.

Pat-

:wishluck:

Dan

Congrats! I've been smoke free for so long now that I don't remember when I quit (it's been several years though). However, it took me three tries to get it right. I quit for a year each of the first two times before lapsing back....so once you quit, DON'T GO BACK!