• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBO - still going strong

368 posts in this topic

I get a kick out of one of the feedbacks he received

"Amazing item and good old fashion service! This guy knows how to deliver!!"

yeah he knows how to deliver alright :D

Yeah...like that guy knew how to deliver in that pawn shop basement in Pulp Fiction... :devil:

:roflmao: Yes, delivery's in the rear.

DRX

major doooooooosh-bag. How nice are these books before he goes to town on them i wonder?

He could probably run a respectable business if they are pretty nice books to begin with by just selling them, and using something resembling ethics. I mean, he's not turning 6.0's into 9.8's right? Does anyone have any before and after pictures that are examples of his beautification process?

This dude is among the select few figures who gets mentioned all the time:

Robo-NM+Joe

Chucky (MH)

Joe-sixpack

I dont know them?

Where do they come from?

What have they done?

Shall they eternally be shunned? (shrug)

I surely could use a few NM+ Robo-books to stand out among the huge amount of beaters I have managed to fill my collection with over the years ... lol

This dude is among the select few figures who gets mentioned all the time:

Robo-NM+Joe

Chucky (MH)

Joe-sixpack

I dont know them?

Where do they come from?

What have they done?

Shall they eternally be shunned? (shrug)

I surely could use a few NM+ Robo-books to stand out among the huge amount of beaters I have managed to fill my collection with over the years ... lol

send your beaters on down and you may see them back on ebay with a ROBO MAKEOVER for 200 times price

Everyone reading this should understand that this is precisely why "100% positive" and "top rated seller" and "power seller" mean AB-SO-LUTE-LY NOTHING.

(thumbs u

Let's all say it together: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! (thumbs u

Ebay sucks

I wouldn't go that far.

Just because there are low lifes like Robojo doesn't mean all of ebay sucks.

I have bought and sold MANY books on ebay happily.

I almost always deal with slabs to cut down the risk of restoration but even some of my raw books have turned out to be good deals.

Ultimately you need to be smart about who and what you buy from but at the end of the day, eBay/Paypal do have your back to a certain degree. Through their resolution process I have been given refunds due to situations where the seller was not honest or didn't complete the transaction properly.

I would much rather prefer to buy from other board members as this is such a great forum but a LARGE percentage of comic book sellers are not on the CGC forum and prefer auction companies and eBay...

Shilling on the other hand is another story.

Everyone reading this should understand that this is precisely why "100% positive" and "top rated seller" and "power seller" mean AB-SO-LUTE-LY NOTHING.

(thumbs u

Let's all say it together: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! (thumbs u

Ebay sucks

I wouldn't go that far.

Just because there are low lifes like Robojo doesn't mean all of ebay sucks.

I have bought and sold MANY books on ebay happily.

I almost always deal with slabs to cut down the risk of restoration but even some of my raw books have turned out to be good deals.

Ultimately you need to be smart about who and what you buy from but at the end of the day, eBay/Paypal do have your back to a certain degree. Through their resolution process I have been given refunds due to situations where the seller was not honest or didn't complete the transaction properly.

I would much rather prefer to buy from other board members as this is such a great forum but a LARGE percentage of comic book sellers are not on the CGC forum and prefer auction companies and eBay...

Shilling on the other hand is another story.

Agreed.While there are numerous bad sellers and poor graders on ebay, I believe we have the very best tool at our disposal right here on the boards. We can id them and spread the info before too much damage is done usually.

There are some AWESOME sellers on ebay that I have bought from for years, many of which are members here. When you find a good seller on ebay, save tham as a favorite.

Robo just makes ebay too much $$$. Thats ultimately why nothing will be done.

I get a kick out of one of the feedbacks he received

"Amazing item and good old fashion service! This guy knows how to deliver!!"

yeah he knows how to deliver alright :D

Yeah! Who was that Bozo that came on here saying he'll show Robojo a thing or two,he'll buy a bunch of books,get them graded and after they come back graded,he'll neg. him.I thought are you serious,"That will teach him". :roflmao:

Yeah that was me Oakman! you already know how I feel about you so no need to go into that.

Books should be in in about a week. For those who find this information helpful I will post Robo's grades and CGC grades once they are in!

Cheers

PT Barnum answered your question long ago. :(

yep exactly,he even gets the top rated seller logo next to his name now,so when a newbie goes to buy off him on Ebay,they see Ebay calling him a top rated seller and think everything is up and up. as you say PT BARNUM was right. :(

eBay should be ashamed to be tied up with Danny. Ebay goes out of their way to slam somone over the silliest little thing (I have loads of examples....) but allow a con man like DD to commit out and out fraud over and over again. In fact, couldn't ebay be held liable for helping to perpetrate these scams; in light of DD's criminal record? Calling Zaid! eBay needs to be called out for this in a big way. National exposure. Front page. Hit 'em hard; their arrogance should bring them nothing less......

Books should be in in about a week. For those who find this information helpful I will post Robo's grades and CGC grades once they are in!

Cheers

:popcorn:

should prove insightful :popcorn:

Cheers

Nice bostonbeer,can't wait :popcorn:

Cheers

Pass some popcorn please :popcorn:

Cheers

Pass some popcorn please :popcorn:

Can't wait!