• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBO - still going strong

368 posts in this topic

When I first joined, I was accused of being a shill for JC or Bug, but.....
Some of us are still not convinced. :gossip:

Where is bug these days? (shrug)

He never seems to post while Flee is around. hm

The whole reason I posted on the boards was to share my experience as you all have done in the past. I had purchased from this buyer before I had done any research on his "background". The submission of these books is to give myself some peace of mind so I can know if they are resto or overgraded or not. Because if I dont submit them and leave them in their sleeves then I will never know if I got ripped off or not. You all can sit here and tell me I got ripped off all you want....but it is one of those things that I have to know for sure!

For those who think I am a shill account.....my ebay name is ausintipps and you can feel free to check me out.

I do not feel welcome on these boards and thought I could find a place to share some information and also learn a thing or two. But instead I get attacked as if I am on trial or something. I understand all the paranoia but I do not know what else I can do to prove to everyone I am just like you and am here to help.

With that being said, In the past month after reading all the posts from all of you, I realize that majority of you think I am some insufficiently_thoughtful_person with nothing to offer and that I am a shill wanting to help the cause of Robo. So I have decided to keep my submission findings off the boards and will not be posting them.

Sorry for any commotion I may have caused and I will leave you guys to whatever you were doing before I got here!

Cheers

You will have to forgive some of the people here Boston for being too suspicious. Too many times in the past Danny (aka ComicKey, aka Robo, aka NY Motor Dude, aka Doctor Love, etc) has used many aliases & shills to try and redeem himself here.

It would be helpful if you could provide some additional colour to the books you purchased from Robo (scans or an ebay link would be helpful).

many thanks,

Warren

I get a kick out of one of the feedbacks he received

"Amazing item and good old fashion service! This guy knows how to deliver!!"

yeah he knows how to deliver alright :D

yes, you would hate "to be on the receiving end of that lumber"

100516.jpg.2ba1a29d4ebc2a0c47f9e4f4a2b75001.jpg

The whole reason I posted on the boards was to share my experience as you all have done in the past. I had purchased from this buyer before I had done any research on his "background". The submission of these books is to give myself some peace of mind so I can know if they are resto or overgraded or not. Because if I dont submit them and leave them in their sleeves then I will never know if I got ripped off or not. You all can sit here and tell me I got ripped off all you want....but it is one of those things that I have to know for sure!

For those who think I am a shill account.....my ebay name is ausintipps and you can feel free to check me out.

I do not feel welcome on these boards and thought I could find a place to share some information and also learn a thing or two. But instead I get attacked as if I am on trial or something. I understand all the paranoia but I do not know what else I can do to prove to everyone I am just like you and am here to help.

With that being said, In the past month after reading all the posts from all of you, I realize that majority of you think I am some insufficiently_thoughtful_person with nothing to offer and that I am a shill wanting to help the cause of Robo. So I have decided to keep my submission findings off the boards and will not be posting them.

Sorry for any commotion I may have caused and I will leave you guys to whatever you were doing before I got here!

Cheers

You will have to forgive some of the people here Boston for being too suspicious. Too many times in the past Danny (aka ComicKey, aka Robo, aka NY Motor Dude, aka Doctor Love, etc) has used many aliases & shills to try and redeem himself here.

It would be helpful if you could provide some additional colour to the books you purchased from Robo (scans or an ebay link would be helpful).

many thanks,

Warren

He actually posted a couple of links in this thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4077042&fpart=34

Also, I know I'm still new, but I was accused of being Frankenstein because he had just "left the boards for good." I didn't get upset.

If it's not true, then there is no reason to get upset.

OT - any oil on the beaches down there??

We got tar balls here before the winds shifted again. We are just avoiding the inevitable, really. The tar balls are here and soon the rest of it will get here. It's sad. I like a block from the beach and I have heard from some friends in Pensacola that the thing that gets you is the smell in the air.....I can't wait

This "test" is silly in the face of the extensive prior track record. Lots of books have already been purchased from Robojo, submitted to CGC, and been returned as either restored or woefully overgraded by seller, and there are lots of examples of purchased books looking distinctly less good than they appeared in their (doctored) scans.

I'd like to ask Bostonbeer what further information he intends to add to this exhaustive existing public record?

before I go, could you please point me in the direction of some of these examples. Are there pictures of the books before they went to CGC and after they went to CGC showing the resto or over grading? I would like to take a look at these if you know were I can find them?

That was the information I was going to share with everyone. So if you can help me out and show me this "exhaustive public record" with true hardcore evidence i.e. pictures and scans of the books before and after submission.

Cheers

From one of your earlier posts on another thread with a Robojo discussion, and I quote:

"I do not trust robo! I purchased 1 book from him about 2 years ago and then started doing research. For all of those who have supplied links and their two cents on this guys.....thanks but I have read every single article and know pretty much his entire history! Like I said before I do my research on people."

In that thread, you sound well aware of the public record regarding problems with restoration and doctored scans from Robojo's E-Bay listings. (shrug)

Your point about wanting to know whether your Robojo purchases had been overgraded or misrepresented as unrestored is an excellent one. I just don't think the results you get are going to add much more to the existing large body of evidence that this E-Bay seller uses fraudulent methods.

When I first joined, I was accused of being a shill for JC or Bug, but.....
Some of us are still not convinced. :gossip:

Where is bug these days? (shrug)

I heard he left us to play in a Styx cover band. (shrug)

On topic, are there actually any documented accounts of restored books being sold as unrestored by the robojo33 eBay account? I thought he changed to the standard dealer M.O. of simple overgrading.

before I go, could you please point me in the direction of some of these examples. Are there pictures of the books before they went to CGC and after they went to CGC showing the resto or over grading? I would like to take a look at these if you know were I can find them?

Most of those examples are in the same place yours are going to be in a few weeks--buried within the search function of these boards. A few are centralized on a part of a board member's web site at http://www.justafanboy.com/ComicKeys/ .

All of these examples are of comic keys. There are no before cgc and after cgc scans of these books. There is nothing related directly to Robo! Now I know there is the high likely hood that comic keys and robo are the same but it has not yet been 100% proven therefore none of that "evidence" is linked directly to Robo. Does that make sense? What I am offering is a little different!

I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure someone on these boards has made a pretty convincing case that Robojoe is Comic-Keys/aka Fantazia/Dupcak. I don't know which thread it was in though.

Most of those examples are in the same place yours are going to be in a few weeks--buried within the search function of these boards. A few are centralized on a part of a board member's web site at http://www.justafanboy.com/ComicKeys/ .

All of these examples are of comic keys. There are no before cgc and after cgc scans of these books. There is nothing related directly to Robo! Now I know there is the high likely hood that comic keys and robo are the same but it has not yet been 100% proven therefore none of that "evidence" is linked directly to Robo. Does that make sense? What I am offering is a little different!

Why not just post your results? (shrug)

Why not just post your results? (shrug)

+1

bostonbeer, if in fact the books return with blue labels, what conclusions should we draw in the future in regards to Robo?

Please, take no offense to this, but to actively deal with Robo, both as a buyer OR a SELLER, is lacking in judgement and worse, enabling his future practices.

I will sit back and wait for your scans to be displayed and honestly hope you have not been added to the list of those Duped By DD.

Roll the film when ready...

:popcorn:

bostonbeer, if in fact the books return with blue labels, what conclusions should we draw in the future in regards to Robo?

Please, take no offense to this, but to actively deal with Robo, both as a buyer OR a SELLER, is lacking in judgement and worse, enabling his future practices.

I will sit back and wait for your scans to be displayed and honestly hope you have not been added to the list of those Duped By DD.

Roll the film when ready...

:popcorn:

If the books come back blue labeled......then they come back blue labeled. What conclusion are you looking for? The whole reason I sent them off to CGC was to see their grade and how accurate and honest the seller in question is.

I do not take offense to your judgement. It is your view and I know a lot of people share it. I am just tired of people thinking I am a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I am fairly young and by no means an expert in the hobby but as for all of us..... we all start somewhere and sometime. As I stated before I am here to give and gain information. What you all choose to do with that information is completely up to you.

Some of you doubt my intentions and sure I understand where you are coming from, but it seems like most of you are somewhat interested a little bit.

As far as I know....the information I will post has not been posted before. By that I mean, No one has posted before CGC and after CGC scans of books purchased from robo. Am i correct in my assumption? If they come back all blue labeled then I dont know what to tell you.....I am just posting my findings.

I will start my own post when the results come in and if you would like to take a look then please do.....if you dont.......then dont!

I guess I will continue to stay on the boards and see what I can learn!

Cheers and remeber to drink your SAMUEL ADAMS <--------- hints the name Bostonbeer!!!!

So is there actually a list of books that you have purchased from Robojo33? Can you tell is what the title and issues are in advance so we know they are actually the same books?

Or was that list noted somewhere in the thread?