• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A 9.8 or a 9.6 SS?? You can only pick one

40 posts in this topic

I miss my baby...

she talks to me in my sleep sometimes...

I love you Michonne, stay safe...

JJ

lol

Don't worry, I take good care of her. I stroke her lovingly.

She is in good hands, I know that...

Love seeing the pic though, anytime you want to post it in one of my sales threads, please do. Helps traffic lol

Will do (thumbs u

As a few others have said, it REALLY depends on who the signer is. Even though I'm a big SS guy, I'm generally not too impressed with an SS book if it's only signed by 1 creator who's signature is common. If a creator is easily accessible, I'd like to see something closer to the entire creative team on the book. It's not that I don't appreciate common signatures, it's just that if they're that easy to get, I'd get them myself on a 9.8 and likely add some others.

In your case, I'd go for the 9.8 unless the 9.6 was signed by the entire creative team.

9.6 SS is my choice

Here is a good example.IMO better then a blue label 9.8

ftkj8l.jpg

Also my WD #8 IMO is better then a blue label copy, same with my WD# 4 but they have sketches on them--does that count in this discussion or is it sigs only?

zjatf6.jpg

33axn3s.jpg

thanks again Gary+ Jay + Steve :hi:

The 9.8 with almost no exceptions (eg. Sam Keith on a Sandman #1, Alan Moore on a Miracleman #15).

Frank Miller would make that list for me, Frank Frazetta, Stephen King, or cast signed books from a film I like where getting the main parts of the cast together in one place again to get another opportunity were slim to none.

9.6 SS is my choice

Here is a good example.IMO better then a blue label 9.8

ftkj8l.jpg

Also my WD #8 IMO is better then a blue label copy, same with my WD# 4 but they have sketches on them--does that count in this discussion or is it sigs only?

zjatf6.jpg

33axn3s.jpg

But, would this Walking Dead 9.6 benefit in Signature Series yellow?

walkingdead27.jpg

Nope. If it was signed it would grade at .5 in Signature Series because it's incomplete. Because it truly is a scarce book, like Batman #608 RRP, Jen would rather keep it in the highest grade possible and unsigned and that's the nature of a hard to find book in high grade.

Depending on the scarcity of the signature of a Batman #608 RRP(it would have to be signed by Tom Brady lol ), a Universal or Signature Series 9.8 would always be always the best bet for this RRP, IMHO.