• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics # 1 CGC 4.5 Blue. Heritage auction.

60 posts in this topic

A DETECTIVE 1 PERHAPS HAS THE BEST COVER IN THE HISTORY OF COMICS!!!! EXCEPT MAYBE FOR AN ACTION 1. OR AN ACTION 7. OR AN ACTION 3. OR AN ACTION 10. OR AN ACTION 13...

WELL, YOU GET THE IDEA!!!!!!!

Wow Steve....

What's happening with you today????? hm

There's no oil on the beach in California.... yet.... :grin:

well he is so right. I love tecs and actions as much as anybody but the focus on them, and even more so as steve points out the focus on the issues of those runs that have long underwear characters on the cover is ridiculous. Its like they are the only comic books ever published.

The masses will post in the threads that the masses are interested in, and apparently the masses are interested in Action 1 and Detective 27.

People can (and do) start threads dedicated to other books, but they won't get as much action (pardon the pun).

Anyways, those 2 books inspire enough fervor that board members name themselves after those books. Other than AF 15 and Showcase 22, I don't think any other single issue has similarly inspired anyone. I think Steve should put his money where his mouth is and change his name to "FunnyPages1Kid" or something like that.

A DETECTIVE 1 PERHAPS HAS THE BEST COVER IN THE HISTORY OF COMICS!!!! EXCEPT MAYBE FOR AN ACTION 1. OR AN ACTION 7. OR AN ACTION 3. OR AN ACTION 10. OR AN ACTION 13...

Wow Steve....

well he is so right. I love tecs and actions as much as anybody but the focus on them, and even more so as steve points out the focus on the issues of those runs that have long underwear characters on the cover is ridiculous. Its like they are the only comic books ever published.

The masses will post in the threads that the masses are interested in, and apparently the masses are interested in Action 1 and Detective 27.

exactly. they are the lowest common denominator in terms of thread discussion. people with a wider appreciation of comics will find that annoying. Similar to the way marvel zombies not appreciating anything published by other houses are annoying :gossip: As a DC and barks fan I'm sure you've come across your share of marvel zombies!

Wow Steve....

People can (and do) start threads dedicated to other books, but they won't get as much action (pardon the pun).

Anyways, those 2 books inspire enough fervor that board members name themselves after those books. Other than AF 15 and Showcase 22, I don't think any other single issue has similarly inspired anyone. I think Steve should put his money where his mouth is and change his name to "FunnyPages1Kid" or something like that.

for now; i will be hellopal1kid as soon as mods approve.

That's not a Centaur title?

there's no such comic as "funny pages 1" :gossip:

It was the only Centaur title I could think of off the top of my head.

Eh, who cares about getting one's facts rights on esoterics like Centaurs! (:

I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same way I do; but I personally do not mind how often any one particular topic is discussed on the boards. There are some topics which I often find to be quite interesting, and there are often others that wouldn't be my cup of tea.

I have no problem scrolling past any topics that are not of interest to me because no matter how often any one topic is "over-done", it only amounts to a few seconds with of scrolling so it's cool with me.

Heck, there are entire sections of the board for which I personally wouldn't have interest; I just move along and enjoy whatever subject or topic is of interest to me.

These boards have a little bit of something for everyone. (thumbs u

http://www.comics.org/issue/109/cover/4/?style=default

?style=default

Too... trivial...! Must... not... black... out... from... boredom...!

:baiting:

You're just rationalizing ;) As a first Dr Mystic (that's Dr Occult to you) appearance that book is not trivial at all! You might say its the TRUE ACTION 1 !!!!!!!!!!! (or a 'true early issue' anyways ;) ) :preach::baiting::busy:

exactly. they are the lowest common denominator in terms of thread discussion. people with a wider appreciation of comics will find that annoying. Similar to the way marvel zombies not appreciating anything published by other houses are annoying :gossip: As a DC and barks fan I'm sure you've come across your share of marvel zombies!

I've learned that I just have to deal with the reality that a discussion of AF 15 will always generate more interest than a discussion of any SA DC. Having said that, the threads dedicated to just one book that probably have the most posts are both about DCs (Showcase 22 in the SA forum and GL 76 in the BA forum). Of course, 90% of the posts in the Showcase 22 thread are by just 3 or 4 individuals. lol

There are lots of threads in the GA forum about other books. Of course, after about 10 posts, the vast majority of them get pushed into the 2nd page and quickly forgotten.

I think you should pull a "Carey" and bump up lots of other long-dead threads about other books to counteract the hoi polloi.

?style=default

You're just rationalizing ;) As a first Dr Mystic (that's Dr Occult to you) appearance that book is not trivial at all! You might say its the TRUE ACTION 1 !!!!!!!!!!! (or a 'true early issue' anyways ;) ) :preach::baiting::busy:

Blacking... out... NOW...!!!

?style=default

Blacking... out... NOW...!!!

For a comic nerd you aren't very geeky. I suspect the hand of Putin and the KGB. hm