• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enormous Raw Comiclink Update

19 posts in this topic

Anyone see all those books that were added? All raw. No pics. A shame the prices are insane on a lot of the ASMs. It might've been worth it otherwise. Some of those ASM prices are lol, a couple of them you could get a CGC'd version for less in the same grade.

Brian

I noticed the huge additions as well.

One that I am interested confuses me though. According to the "Sellers Note" the comic is in VF, but in the "Condition" area it says that it's a 9.4. I'm just wondering which description to believe. Unfortunately there is no scan included. Anyone have any ideas on this one? ComicLink pre-grades the books themselves don't they? If so, is that the "Condition" area or the "Sellers Note" area? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

sounds like Showcase Dan youre talking about. Maybe hes tired of ebay..

and YES, sellers can post their own books from home. Which is frustrating here visually, because you see that two sellers apparently were posting runs simultaneously: the list alternates from XMen to JLA repeatedly. The extra hedaings waste space and are hard to look at.

Funny, I didnt notice reading them thay they werent slabbed! good thing I didnt bid on any of them thinking I had beat everyone els eto some "good deals!"

Did you see the FF #4 graded NM 9.4? According to the notes, it would be a 9.4 but it has problems.

Basically the seller is saying the book is NM except for Marvel Chipping and Tears. How much CGC would downgrade the book would be anyone's guess.

While they state qualified, it wouldn't / shouldn't get a qualified grade from CGC.

Inconsistent, but usually his 9.2s are CGC 9.0s. I haven't purchased any 9.4s so I don't know how they stack up. He goes thru a lot of books as is evident by the # put up on comiclink so he will miss defects sometimes.

i've never purchased from comiclink and could use a wee bit of help;

the seller in question is selling many 9.4's at 4x's the OS guide unslabbed without pix.

question 1; as a buyer what avenues are open to you to see the book?? 2;do they let you get in touch with the seller?? 3; do they supply a pic upon request?? 4; or are you supposed to buy a "pig-in-a-poke"???

4x's guide for many of these 9.4's seems common now, but usually after the grade has been confirmed. this sounds more risky than e-bay - if that's possible.

does comic-link stand behind their sales (or is it the same - "we're only the facilitators", story??) 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

1) You can request a scan, but you can't see the book in person, unless it's already at comiclink, or you make special arrangements whereby the consignor ships the book to comiclink and then you go to comiclink's place of business to view it.

2) No, you can't contact the seller directly

3) Sure, request a scan. But if you really want a book and know it's a good price (which I'm not sure these are), then buy it and THEN ask for a scan before paying, at least that's what I would do.

4) Yup, comiclink pre-screens all of it's "raw" submitters, so not just anybody can submit raw books. But even then, there are different standards that are used even from decent graders.

Comiclink stands behind their sales 100%. If you don't like the book, return it for a full refund.

Brent

1) You can request a scan, but you can't see the book in person, unless it's already at comiclink, or you make special arrangements whereby the consignor ships the book to comiclink and then you go to comiclink's place of business to view it.

2) No, you can't contact the seller directly

3) Sure, request a scan. But if you really want a book and know it's a good price (which I'm not sure these are), then buy it and THEN ask for a scan before paying, at least that's what I would do.

4) Yup, comiclink pre-screens all of it's "raw" submitters, so not just anybody can submit raw books. But even then, there are different standards that are used even from decent graders.

Comiclink stands behind their sales 100%. If you don't like the book, return it for a full refund.

Brent

thanks brent flowerred.gif