• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dale Roberts Comics @ SDCC Booth 5514, 5515.... Any want lists?

130 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I will have a new booth location this year (5514 5515), just inside the front door along the front wall in the Silver Gold pavillion, right across the door from Metropolis. I would be glad to see anyone who wants to stop by and say hello. Tupenny and MrBedrock will be hanging out at the booth all weekend, so should be fun.

I have a few weeks left to try and find books, so if anyone has any special requests or want lists you are wanting to fill, I will be glad to bring it if I have it, or try to find it if I don't. Please PM any specific requests.

I will have 30 long boxes of high grade Silver & Bronze. 14 mag boxes of Golden Age Comics, and lots of CGC graded Silver/Bronze, including about 200 - 250 books which will be debuting at the convention.

Among other things which I could bring if there is interest.....

- high grade 70s magazines including Warrens, Marvels, Skywalds, misc (discounted, except for the Skywalds)

- high grade late bronze (discounted)

- lower grade Silver Age (heavily discounted)

- GA/SA Westerns, TV, Dell/Four Color/Gold Keys, Charltons, etc (discounted)

Don't have room to bring all of this stuff, so let me know what you might be interested in.

Also looking at a few collections between now and then, so might be some fun stuff in there too.

High Grade Marvel Horror, WBN, ToD, Frankenstein, Iron Fist , Raw HG silver age X men, any of these would be great (thumbs u

I will have most of this stuff in stock. I will try to fill holes on any issues I don't have between now and then.

Undergrounds

Eggs, I just gave Heritage a copy of Doppler Gang which was one of only 3 - 5 copies produced by Art Spiegelman and Jay Lynch. It is in almost perfect shape. Will probably be some serious competition on it though. I hear Halperin doesn't have one, and Ruben Blades was very interested when I showed it to him in Philly.

Here is a scan of a different copy and some info.

privatep.jpg

1970 cover art drawn on a ditto master by Art Spiegelman (Author/artist of a Pullitzer prize winning comic book holocaust allegory, MAUS) and Jay Lynch (BIJOU COMIX artist, creator of Nard 'n' Pat and Pro Junior). Art and Jay found a couple of my apa zines at the underground comix head shop where Rory Hayes, Jim Osborne, Simon Deitch and Roger Brand were hanging out. I was in school and wasn't there that day. When this ballpoint pen on ditto cover contribution arrived in the mail it was a complete surprise. A brief letter was enclosed that mentioned they enjoyed our weird stuff. I was the comix connection at my college prep school, Lowell High. I fell in with a mysterious club dedicated to all things weird and strange, and what first attracted me was their publication called The Private Papers of the Doppler Gang I came across by chance in my Journalism class. I thought I could fit right in, although my review of the Underground Comix scene wasn't a hit with the senior editor. I cited Crumb's "I'll Bet This Happened To You When You Were A Kid" back cover to ZAP #0 because it was the first comix I ever saw, slapped into my hands back cover up; and when I got to the expletive at the bottom of the piece I was shocked. I included the scat word used by Crumb in my review, and the editor was also shocked - "The Papers is not ZAP Comix", S.N. Dyer disclaimed over my article. I ignored the admonishment and kept flooding the Papers with my cartoons and histories of comic artists. When the Spiegelman & Lynch ditto master arrived several months later, there were no objections to using it for the front cover. S.N. Dyer (a.k.a. Sharon Farber) went on to become a published author for AMAZING.

click images to enlarge

Incredible Hulk #1 ? 3.0/3.5 ;) I tried to set something up with Rick/Gator,but he keeps forgetting about me.I mean I know I'm not a high roller.but it's not chump change either. (shrug)

Don't be mad at me Rick,you still rock in my book :headbang:

I will work on those Furys. Also, might know where an Action #94 is. Don't know about the grade though. And I am trying to get some Marvel #1s before the show, including a Hulk #1.

I am on a search for a Hulk #1 3.0/3.5 grade,saved all year for this one.Thanx Dale

Dave

I will work on those Furys. Also, might know where an Action #94 is. Don't know about the grade though. And I am trying to get some Marvel #1s before the show, including a Hulk #1.
Cool!

Incredible Hulk #1 ? 3.0/3.5 ;) I tried to set something up with Rick/Gator,but he keeps forgetting about me.I mean I know I'm not a high roller.but it's not chump change either. (shrug)

Don't be mad at me Rick,you still rock in my book :headbang:

:sorry:

Something I will buy.

xoxo

greggy

Maybe he has some romance iron on transfers. You can get one of the pressers to attach it for you.

Something I will buy.

xoxo

greggy

Maybe he has some romance iron on transfers. You can get one of the pressers to attach it for you.

I don't have a press that large.

Something I will buy.

xoxo

greggy

I don't have a press that large.

Your press is big enough for a pair of his underwear