• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pretty books for 2/23 & 2/24

31 posts in this topic

the TOS 49 was a SHOCK to me at a CGC 9.0 the colour breaking corner creases, the TTA 9.2-9.4 in my book.

I would have thought 8.5 on the TOS #49 and 9.2 on the TTA #57.

I really believe most people are in the habit of downgrading a book for a small light corner crease more than CGC does. It goes back to thinking that a book can't even be a 9.0 with any corner crease, and that is just not the case. makepoint.gif

Also, I believe both books to have a very "fresh" quality to them and probably little to no surface wear. That doesn't hurt.

Still two great books.

It goes back to thinking that a book can't even be a 9.0 with any corner crease, and that is just not the case. makepoint.gif

no that's not the case for me, i've owned a ASM 100 CGC 9.6 with a colour breaking corner crease and have seen colour breaking corner creases on 9.0-9.4's.thumbsup2.gif the point is for the TOS 49 is that it has multiple colour breaking creases on the URC that SHOCKS me for it to recieve a CGC 9.0.

Here's a Marvel Spotlight #32 CGC 9.6 with a light LRC crease, edge wear, and a small slightly-color-breaking spine stress line:

DSC01584.jpg

scan0005.jpg

?action=view&current=DSC01583.jpg

It goes back to thinking that a book can't even be a 9.0 with any corner crease, and that is just not the case. makepoint.gif

no that's not the case for me, i've owned a ASM 100 CGC 9.6 with a colour breaking corner crease and have seen colour breaking corner creases on 9.0-9.4's.thumbsup2.gif the point is for the TOS 49 is that it has multiple colour breaking creases on the URC that SHOCKS me for it to recieve a CGC 9.0.

looks a lot better than the TOS 49.foreheadslap.gif the black spine on the ASM 13 was good enough to merit a 9.0 even though my given grade was an 8.0.....but it's hard to grade book(s) just by scans alone. confused-smiley-013.gif

actually, i think it's my winning personality when dealing with CGC that merits these occasional good grades............ grin.gif

I think it's because you slip in an 8X10 glossy of your avatar with all of your shipments. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Talk about a 10.0......

looks a lot better than the TOS 49.foreheadslap.gif the black spine on the ASM 13 was good enough to merit a 9.0 even though my given grade was an 8.0.....but it's hard to grade book(s) just by scans alone. confused-smiley-013.gif

actually, i think it's my winning personality when dealing with CGC that merits these occasional good grades............ grin.gif

we have someone on the boards to thank for that. they also had one of the famous marilyn calendar pose done up as supergirl - excellent!!! grin.gif

I think it's because you slip in an 8X10 glossy of your avatar with all of your shipments. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Talk about a 10.0......

At this point, I am honestly considering having you submit books for me..

Brian

when you realise how many folks are out there looking for an FF#11 in 9.4, you just insert a C-note into the centerfold. it seems to work quite well...... devil.gif

At this point, I am honestly considering having you submit books for me..

Brian

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when you realise how many folks are out there looking for an FF#11 in 9.4, you just insert a C-note into the centerfold. it seems to work quite well......

The tough part is hiding three different bills in one books, so you can be assured that all three graders get something. grin.gif