• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed. Error fixed.

16 posts in this topic

The Avengers #1

This is not the comic one would pay $7000 for.

Price: $7,000

Publisher: Marvel

Genre: Superhero

Condition: CGC 7.5 VF-

Page Quality: Off-White to White Pages

Type of Holder: Universal

Degree Of Restoration: Unrestored

Seller's Grading Comments: PGX Graded. Case has a few scuffs and scratches. White flecks by the #1 box do not exist - it is a refection from a scratch on the case. Scratch/scuff on case going down across the "A" in Avengers. No chipping. No problems on bottom edge where camera refection is.

Item description:

1968, TV adaptation

Price: $7,000

Your bid: $

I hadn't even made that connection that someone might think it was the Marvel comic - probably because I am a huge New Avengers fan so I enjoy the original show as well. I saw it and just thought it was a ridiculous price and wondered why they left the photo out. (I think you may be right - someone hoping for a person making a huge mistake.)

I hadn't even made that connection that someone might think it was the Marvel comic - probably because I am a huge New Avengers fan so I enjoy the original show as well. I saw it and just thought it was a ridiculous price and wondered why they left the photo out. (I think you may be right - someone hoping for a person making a huge mistake.)

It totally feels like a scam - there's a completely different category for the Gold Key Avengers series (here), yet the seller choses to put this book under Marvel? And then "forgets" to add a picture? :screwy:

Tough decision here - should I buy the PGX 7.5 copy for $7,000? Or the CGC 9.6 Pacific Coast copy that's also on comiclink for $445? hm

Assert your independence from peer pressure, and go for the PGX :thumbsup:

Someone should call CLINK and get this pulled... :boo:

doesn't clink monitor its own site ? makes clink seem amateur to allow stuff like this.

I thought it was huge. :shrug:

I mean, I don't even look at it, as this place effectively vacuums my pockets. :sorry:

It's pretty blatant that the seller is hoping to fool someone into buying it by mistake. While someone would have to be very careless to be taken in by it, that doesn't make the seller any more honest. meh

Clink had a few similar mistakes in its most recent auction. It would have the description of a Gold Key Star Trek, but a scan of a DC book., or vice versa. I noticed several others. Someone is either very overworked, or just plain sloppy.