• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - More sad news

38 posts in this topic

Today I lost my best friend, my confidant, my go to guy - my brother, Terry - in a car crash. I told my brother about this place when I found it and he got a kick out of me getting back into comics and updating him with the interesting information I was getting. He collected GI Joe and Transformers back in the day, and thought it was kinda cool that those two series were still pretty popular.

He was 36 and left behind his wife of 15 years and a beautiful 9 year old daughter. It's because of her that I'm even posting this.

If anyone finds it in their heart, and want to help my niece and sister-in-law out, some of his friends have set up a scholarship fund in her name. If you are so willing, please consider donations made payable to:

Harlee Hammock Scholarship Fund

The Brand Banking Company

P.O. Box 1110, Lawrenceville, GA 30046

I already miss him so much, I don't know how anything could hurt more.

Thanks,

Barry

Jeez, that's awful news, Barry. I'm not sure if there's anything I can say to make you feel any less pain, but try to stay strong. I will make a donation.

This is a poem written by Mary Elizabeth Frye:

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am in a thousand winds that blow,

I am the softly falling snow.

I am the gentle showers of rain,

I am the fields of ripening grain.

I am in the morning hush,

I am in the graceful rush

Of beautiful birds in circling flight,

I am the starshine of the night.

I am in the flowers that bloom,

I am in a quiet room.

I am in the birds that sing,

I am in each lovely thing.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there. I do not die.

I hope that helps a tiny bit. :foryou:

Andy

Sorry for your loss. In the past three years, I have lost a brother and sister. My brother's death was a crash. It is very hard, especially for the immediate family he left behind.

God Bless.

Good Lord, that's horrible. I am so sorry to hear about this.

I just read the story about the car crash online, do they know what caused it yet?

Losing someone as close as a brother, and so tragically, is more than I think I could take and I hope you do find strength in helping your sister-in-law and your niece to forge a positive future that includes your brothers memory and wishes for their happiness.

Do you have a paypal address that anyone can donate to?

I'm sorry to hear this too Barry. We know that our lives can end in an instant, but we expect to live to ripe old ages. And when someone we love goes out of time, it leaves a huge empty place. So much is unfinished. We were never designed to live and love such short times. We are truly eternal spirits in temporary houses of flesh and blood. <3

I'm sorry to hear this too Barry. We know that our lives can end in an instant, but we expect to live to ripe old ages. And when someone we love goes out of time, it leaves a huge empty place. So much is unfinished. We were never designed to live and love such short times. We are truly eternal spirits in temporary houses of flesh and blood. <3

I really like the way you put that. (thumbs u Amen brother.