• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It may not be a Mile High, But grade this National Comics please...

8 posts in this topic

After seeing the Heritage catalog and looking at that impressive Edgar Church National Comics collection and drooling, I set up to pick up a copy of that Title.

Sure this isn't even in the same ball park as those books, but the price was right and it's a solid copy so..........I would like your opinions on the book!

I don't see it going to CGC, but I know what I would grade it, and I am curious to see the opinions of my fellow board members. thumbsup2.gif

There is a glare off of the holder at the bottom, but the bottom of the cover is straight with no hidden defects.

National52.jpg

National52bk.jpg

Maybe I should start selling comics on ebay after all. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

6.5. I don't believe in grading comics from different eras by different standards. A 6.5 is a 6.5 whether it's 4 years old or 400.

I agree completely with both the grade and the sentiment!

I was actually thinking a 6.0 when I gave it a once over and I agree that CGC would probably rate it a little higher, maybe a 6.5-7.0, which would be fine with me since I think I got a pretty good price on it. 893applaud-thumb.gif

All in all I just thought it would be nice for everyone to be able to continue to hone their GA grading skills as opposed to always looking at 9.6's and 9.8's thumbsup2.gif