• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LTOW VS. COW ?

33 posts in this topic

Is there an online reference to see what cgc considers off white, cream, and light tan? Also is it just the edges taken into consideration for determining page color? I know I've seen several comics with what i'd consider dark tan edges with brighter page color closer to the spine and center.

CGC page designations go from the edge to the middle. So, a book with pages that are white from the edge inward would get a "white" designation. A book with cream page edges and off-white page centers gets "cream to off-white".

I used to shy away from the LT to OW labels, but I'm less a label chaser during these economic trying days...I believe in the book as I see it. :cool:

I've cracked some lt/ow books and they looked absolutely terrific inside. Sometimes the light tan might just be a tiny sliver of tanning on one edge.

I'd definitely buy the book and not the label. I have no problem owning a book that might have a lt/ow pq designation if it was for the "right" book.

I have no problem with light tan pages if I can see them for myself to be sure they're not brittle. Unfortunately, I'm not trusting enough to take CGC's word for that. So I don't buy light tan slabbed books.

I have no problem with light tan pages if I can see them for myself to be sure they're not brittle. Unfortunately, I'm not trusting enough to take CGC's word for that. So I don't buy light tan slabbed books.

^^

Way too inconsistent. Give me raw.

CGC page designations go from the edge to the middle. So, a book with pages that are white from the edge inward would get a "white" designation. A book with cream page edges and off-white page centers gets "cream to off-white".

Thanks! But is there a color palette somewhere that shows what the difference between off-white/cream/light tan is according to CGC?

Thanks! But is there a color palette somewhere that shows what the difference between off-white/cream/light tan is according to CGC?

no, there is no color pallet, as this is page "quality" not just page "color", so more than just the visible color of the pages goes into the page quality determination (thumbs u

Years ago OSPG included an OWL card that showed the various page qualities from White to Brittle, but in reality it wasn't completely accurate

I still have a few OWL cards floating around...if I remember, I will bring them to sdcc
cool, and let's crack all your Ped Marvels and check against it. :grin: I think they used to come with the Overstreet Grading Guide or you could buy them for $5 separately back in the day...