• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few gems I just picked up...

36 posts in this topic

Hulk 102...damn near flawless.

comic2ol.jpg

Actually I see a major flaw. Since this isn't a sales thread I will comment. The upper left along the spine has some obvious color loss. I know for a fact CGC will hammer this. I have a comic buddy who submitted his flawless copy with color loss in the same location and received a very disappointing grade . It was onsite grading and he talked with them. The color loss was the only flaw.

great looking books and I hope you didn't pick those up from Ebay.

I concur. The edges on the FF 14 look awfully sharp, maybe too sharp ?

+1

I agree. I would like to see these in the grading forum with a little bit bigger scans front and back. They do look nice from what I can see.

DRX

Not Ebay, a long time collector who bought some as a kid. The Hulk corner I just noticed and it truly is from the scan, in person it matches just fine...that's odd. Regardless, amazing stuff from a true lifetime collector...I'm trying my hardest to pick up the rest of his books. Some of them have price tags from very old long gone stores and the prices are classic...ah hindsight, you're an evil foe.

Not Ebay, a long time collector who bought some as a kid. The Hulk corner I just noticed and it truly is from the scan, in person it matches just fine...that's odd. Regardless, amazing stuff from a true lifetime collector...I'm trying my hardest to pick up the rest of his books. Some of them have price tags from very old long gone stores and the prices are classic...ah hindsight, you're an evil foe.

if that is the case, you should take out his entire collection before someone else buy them out from under you.

if that is the case, you should take out his entire collection before someone else buy them out from under you.

+1 great stuff

Hey awesome, glad you all like. Now...I don't want my head ripped off for not knowing...and I swear I tried the search tool...and I have been collecting since I was a child...but can someone please tell me what the term 'Pedigree' refers to in the comic book world? As I said, I have an amazing collection, I am just starting to get back into it and realizing what 'slabs' and what not are...so I am asking politely if someone doesn't mind helpin a noob ( to this site ).

Also, if anyone can tell me what the 'Ebay' concerns were/are...is there a lot of home restoration being passed off for higher grades going on?

Hey awesome, glad you all like. Now...I don't want my head ripped off for not knowing...and I swear I tried the search tool...and I have been collecting since I was a child...but can someone please tell me what the term 'Pedigree' refers to in the comic book world? As I said, I have an amazing collection, I am just starting to get back into it and realizing what 'slabs' and what not are...so I am asking politely if someone doesn't mind helpin a noob ( to this site ).

Also, if anyone can tell me what the 'Ebay' concerns were/are...is there a lot of home restoration being passed off for higher grades going on?

Many of the higher graded books that are not blue label slabbed run the risk of being restored.....trimming and color touch are the most frequently encountered, and has been going on for YEARS. Most people who have trimmed books don't even know they are and their value is diminished by 60-75 %. A good rule of thumb is to NEVER pay full guide for raw books unless they are from honest, reputable, restoration experts. As far as Pedigrees go, they are large, high grade collections of comics that were all purchased off the stands from a single owner. Usually unrestored, they are highly prized by collectors and almost always have a neat "back story" about the original owner and are composed of long unbroken runs of MANY titles. Hope this helps. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. Some unscrupulous eBay sellers will "pop" restored books from their purple labeled slabs and list them on eBay as unrestored. These slimepukes do this with the sole intention of defrauding nice folks like you and I out of our hard earned money. The purple labeled slabs are sometimes referred to as "PLOD's" or Purple Label Of Death because of the dramatic decrease in value that they entail.