• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman gets a new costume?

48 posts in this topic

Probably a more sensible clothing choice but it won't last.

I, like many other middle-aged perverts, prefer the more revealing look.

or...

I mean I prefer the more traditional iconic look.

Ah, yes. The half-jacket.

Genius. Apparently, WW shops at Merry Go Round.

Why is it that comic artists have such incredibly crappy taste? I'm reminded of Byrne's predilection for fingerless gloves and mullets, and half the men in the DC universe getting a perm in the mid-80s

Ah, yes. The half-jacket.

Genius. Apparently, WW shops at Merry Go Round.

Why is it that comic artists have such incredibly crappy taste? I'm reminded of Byrne's predilection for fingerless gloves and mullets, and half the men in the DC universe getting a perm in the mid-80s

I didn't know you then, but i bet you had a mullet. :baiting:

The costume looks cool with Jim lee drawing it, but.....How will it look when they get some mortal dude to scribble it out? I like the top, but she needs shorts or something on the bottom. The all black leggings don't do it for me.

I guess if there goal was to lose even more readers then they will probably succeed. Costume would be ok for a one shot issue but for an ongoing thing it kinda blows.

It's an alternate history costume. Dhe will be back in regular before you know!

All Major heroes return to their roots

I can't think of some who didn't.

Green Lantern and Flash for instance. Alan Scott and Jay Garrick play second fiddle.

The Superman and Batman logo's are different as well. Atom.... hm

But has any character, once he/she has achieved a high level of popularity, even gone to a radically different costume and stayed with it and/or never worn the old one again?

I don't think that would ever happen due to copyright/trademark law and the possibility of losing that specific physical likeness.

Daredevil? How popular was he between issues 6 and 7?

Love or hate Wonder Woman's new costume, she'll be back to the old one before you can say "Multi-issue universe-changing cross-over event!" I predict by the end of summer 2011.

It's an alternate history costume. Dhe will be back in regular before you know!

All Major heroes return to their roots

I can't think of some who didn't.

Green Lantern and Flash for instance. Alan Scott and Jay Garrick play second fiddle.

plus Ironman never did as well.

I hate it - she looks like Doctor Strange's alternate-dimension biotch-ho.

1280493-wonder_woman_middle.jpg

+1. Not a fan of it at all.

+infinity

That is not Wonder Woman... the skimpiness of Wonder Woman's costume was never just about titillating the fanboys... It accentuated the pure womanliness/femininity of Wonder Woman, representing for all of her sisters as a warrior in Man's World... this new costume looks like a 42nd St. bridge underpass hooker-for-hire... and the new back-story/origin blows too...

Interesting.

Not the particular direction I would have chosen design-wise, but it is what it is.

Someone, somewhere, deep in the catacombs of the Warner Brothers marketing department woke up one day and realized; "We're going to have to put an actress in this costume and sell this character to the rest of the world. Lose the flag."

Personally, I prefer the original Golden Age costume. She's an ancient Greek right? Her outfit is just a combination of classical Greek armor and Lady Liberty. (I know, the ancient Greeks fought in the nude, but we can't have that, so...)

Lady Liberty by JC Leyendecker

100602.jpg.9db5046d72c3b647558762988ff8d15c.jpg

I hate it - she looks like Doctor Strange's alternate-dimension biotch-ho.

1280493-wonder_woman_middle.jpg

+1. Not a fan of it at all.

+infinity

That is not Wonder Woman... the skimpiness of Wonder Woman's costume was never just about titillating the fanboys... It accentuated the pure womanliness/femininity of Wonder Woman, representing for all of her sisters as a warrior in Man's World... this new costume looks like a 42nd St. bridge underpass hooker-for-hire... and the new back-story/origin blows too...

hm All that's missing is a slight Stark Industry tweak or two.

wonderwomanstark.jpg

meh:sick:

I don't really like it....if they wanted to make people notice wonder woman, why not try a new artist and a kick writer? If they want to make media headlines...make wonder woman a lesbian...they need to let her come out of the closet.

Wonder Womans new outfit? "Hated it"

in-living-color1.jpg

lol

I don't really like it....if they wanted to make people notice wonder woman, why not try a new artist and a kick writer? If they want to make media headlines...make wonder woman a lesbian...they need to let her come out of the closet.
She's a lesbian?