• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Venom

14 posts in this topic

In another thread, Darth mentioned that next month, USM will be intoducing us to "Ultimate Venom". B/c I don't feel like waiting to read it, anyone know how Bendis is going to do this? No "Black Costume" in the Ultimate Universe. Who has inside info on Ultimate Venom's origin? Just curious. Thanks.

Chris

Yeah, Peter's childhood chum is Eddie Brock on the Ultimate Universe, and apparently he stumbles upon some invention Pete's Dad was working on, and turns into Ultimate Venom.

Then we'll naturally get to some deep-seeded resentment and skeletons in the closet between Pete and Eddie and their "happy childhood" together. Maybe Pete's dad or mom slept around and they're half-brothers? Who knows.

now that would be an interesting turn of events smile.gif

in the orginal the symbiote stayed on peter for a long time until rejected.

I wonder how long peter in the Ultimate will have to wear it to have the costume ticked at him and transferred over

"I wonder how long peter in the Ultimate will have to wear it to have the costume ticked at him and transferred over "

can't see them bothering to have pete wear the symbiote, why not go straight for the jugular and have eddie as venom straight off the bat?

Yeah, they'll just slap the black goop on Eddie and make it the usual "villain an issue" experience USM already is. Bendis always uses the "well Stan and Steve did it" when confronted with his too much-too fast USM strategy, but remember that the symbiote came on board is ASM 252 and we didn't see Venom until ASM 298-300.

As for how it's done, Bendis will obviously use a hook and we already know that Eddie is Pete's childhood chum, and that Pete's father's invention works into it somehow.

Here's the scenario I can envision: Eddie and Pete get together. While rummaging through old notes, etc., Eddie somehow finds out he's an illegitimate Parker, smashes some machinery in rage, and is transformed into Ultimate Venom.

That way we get the natural antagonism between the two and lots of "You were the chozzzzzen one Peter, father always liked you the bezzzzzzt". grin.gif

CI -

Man, you are a riot! You're probably right on the money with that origin! But, I kind of find it refreshing to have a "villain an issue". It beats the hell out of "The Return of the Sinister Six" (Part 2 of 10), or any of those other dragged out storylines.

I really like the USM title. It's the only book I have a subscription to. I think Bendis does a really good job not dragging out the battles with the baddies, and instead focusing on Peter Parker dealing with his new abilities.

Also, I like that MJ has taken on a much more important role in the series than just "Peter's girl". Really liked the ending to Issue #32. It was realistic (or as realistic as a book about a guy with spider powers can be. You know what I mean!)

Chris

Interesting points both of you have but if they drop it right on eddie, then that means the "Venom" costume will not get any of peter's powers like the webspinning, or clinging to things and whatever else he had. I wonder then if they would give him new powers.

This ultimate book was the last straw for me. I'm dropping the weekly visitation to the local comic shop to work on my back issues. Nothing, but junk has been coming out.

ROFL Rick... I said the same thing just last week! We should use the buddy system to make sure we don't relapse.