• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is this site slow?

29 posts in this topic

Thanks, that got rid of 372Mb of [!@#%^&^], hopefully that will help!

Timely

Deleting AOL will accomplish the same thing.

sign-funnypost.gif

Timely: Your computer was constipated. I hope it's running smooth as a whistle now! tongue.gif

Actually, this isn't as funny as you think. If you know your AOL access numbers, you could set up a dial-up connection for those numbers and uninstall AOL. You won't get the pretty home page when you access, but you can go to the website and do all your e-mailing there. As far as I'm aware, there isn't a single provider where you actually need to access the net via their software.

It does bog down at times... and I am with Pimpy on the slow PM loading...

I have to throw away about 500 PM's every month or it takes about 30 seconds for the stupid PM page to come up.

Now, I do remember fondly the days when I would wait 18 minutes for Ultima III to load on my Commodore 64 with the 1541 disk drive... cloud9.gif But nowadays if it takes 10 seconds to change pages I am ready to get up and go get a beer... confused-smiley-013.gif

I know that they were implementing a new design for the boards that would allow it to scale to more users. To compensate, they had to turn off an option that potentially has performance impacts.

Of course you have your usual suspects: ISP (Internet Service Provider), bad connection, slow computer, viruses on your computer, routing delays on the Internet, 893blahblah.gif