• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey! New poster - pre-code Horror and Crime comic book addict!!

296 posts in this topic

Hi.

I'm new and back into comics. Don't own a single one but plans are afoot to put that right soon, when I hope to post some books here as I buy them.

CGC is new on me, but I understand the premise after having read much about grading etc, and why 3rd party opinion is accepted.

Can anyone explain to me why this book should'nt be a 2.5?, as someone is hinting above. I thought their word was grading law.

I hope to buy some CGC books initially, but now I am puzzled. Do I accept their word as definitive on the grade of a book, or not?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance :)

PS. Tough Crowd :blush:

PPS. Happy New Year 2010 to all. Guess maybe I will see you guys when I get some books of my own. :popcorn:

Great work Nick. :applause::roflmao:

Another Shill?

doh!

I am amazed at how good you guys are,very impressive :applause:

It really does get pretty easy in certain cases.

Especially when it is said individual's eighth confirmed attempt. :/

But he did call himself Nick this time lol

I'll try and get a few pics up soon of a couple of my most prized EC's - not least Haunt of Fear #11 for Jack Kamen's "THE ACID TEST!" - my all-time favourite EC story.

That is if I'm still welcome. I assume there was another poster going by the name Nick who was a troublemaker? Quite a shock to check this thread this afternoon to find I seem to be accused of being somebody else.

Is every new poster here immediately accused of being someone else?

I don't know what's going on but if this is how things are going to be I guess I won't bother posting. I sent you a PM to try and clear this up, don't know whether you got that or not.

If there is anything I can do to show I'm not who I'm being mistaken as I'll be more than happy to comply.

All I can say is that if I were this person, why would I use the same name and start an introduction thread as this guy seems to have done several times - would that not be giving oneself away immediately?? Think about it - if I'm who you're saying I am, how does any of this make any kind of sense?

I swear on my own life I do not know what this is about, I'm just sorry this has happened as I would have loved to be part of this community.

Way to drive away a new user who would have loved to stick around I guess. Don't know what to say. Maybe it would be wise not to accuse people of things without proof?

I don't know what's going on but if this is how things are going to be I guess I won't bother posting. I sent you a PM to try and clear this up, don't know whether you got that or not.

If there is anything I can do to show I'm not who I'm being mistaken as I'll be more than happy to comply.

All I can say is that if I were this person, why would I use the same name and start an introduction thread as this guy seems to have done several times - would that not be giving oneself away immediately?? Think about it - if I'm who you're saying I am, how does any of this make any kind of sense?

I swear on my own life I do not know what this is about, I'm just sorry this has happened as I would have loved to be part of this community.

Way to drive away a new user who would have loved to stick around I guess. Don't know what to say. Maybe it would be wise not to accuse people of things without proof?

Same , different day, Thomas.

When I first joined the boards I wasn't accused of being a shill (shrug)

Then again I'am a girl lol

A shill, as in someone trying to drive people away from CGC in favour of some other company?

My OP said nothing bad about CGC - quite the opposite! That I was interested in getting into the hobby.

I'm sorry this has happened, I won't post again. Apologies for the confusion, all I can do is swear I am not who some people seem to think I am.

I don't understand the friendly welcoming posts and then suddenly all this.

So was 'Jasmine'. :/

A shill, as in someone trying to drive people away from CGC in favour of some other company?

My OP said nothing bad about CGC - quite the opposite! That I was interested in getting into the hobby.

I'm sorry this has happened, I won't post again. Apologies for the confusion, all I can do is swear I am not who some people seem to think I am.

I don't understand the friendly welcoming posts and then suddenly all this.

No,don't leave :cry:

We need new board members :grin:

And beside,I think your a ok guy :cool:

So was 'Jasmine'. :/

hmlol

Well,you guys know I'm a girl right? :)

I would love to stick around, I'm just rather taken aback!

Like I said, I'd be completely willing to prove my innocence here in whatever way I can.

It just won't be much fun posting if people think I'm a troll I've never even heard of!

Please,do keep posting :cool:

You're going to have a lot of fun here :)

You will have a empty wallet here too lol