• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$5,000,000 comic book!

57 posts in this topic

This fine fellow has 3 comics, all priced between $2,000,000 & $5,000,000 each! :o

http://cgi.ebay.com/FLASH-COMICS-1-ASHCAN-EDITION-CGC-9-6-1939-/110555459335?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item19bd9e6f07

West

If you're going to ask for five MILLION dollars for something, isn't proper grammar and spelling just supposed to be a GIVEN...?

Lame.

My Lord, people are lame.

:eyeroll:

And he's a keyword spammer, i.e. dooshbag loser. This book was listed to get people to look at his other auctions, and I doubt he even owns the thing, considering he's using old Heritage scans

Actually, it is a legit sale. The owner contacted me earlier this year to discuss ashcans.

I definitely think they are worth that much. Actually, I would have listed them as "priceless" but ebay doesn't allow it. (thumbs u

Legal disclaimer: Yea, yea, I have copies of each of those books. :grin:

Actually, it is a legit sale. The owner contacted me earlier this year to discuss ashcans.

I definitely think they are worth that much. Actually, I would have listed them as "priceless" but ebay doesn't allow it. (thumbs u

Legal disclaimer: Yea, yea, I have copies of each of those books. :grin:

I too believe strongly that they are as valuable as the seller claims, and hope he sells all 3 issues quickly.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I own copies too... :makepoint::tonofbricks::headbang:

What makes these books more rare than other GA books? (shrug)
gary and mark own them all and won't share lol

Gary, and Mark, and this guy, and who knows who else?

It's always funny to read about something that's supposed to be rare and then a bunch of people on these boards pipe up that they have a copy.

:roflmao:

I just want to know why they so rare.

just that very few copies were printed back in the days...ashcans were used to secure naming rights/copyrights of comics...so, they didn't produce them for "mass consumption"

they only need to print a few copies

:roflmao:

I just want to know why they so rare.

just that very few copies were printed back in the days...ashcans were used to secure naming rights/copyrights of comics...so, they didn't produce them for "mass consumption"

they only need to print a few copies

That's what I needed to know.

Thanks for the info G.A.tor :cool:

Gary, and Mark, and this guy, and who knows who else?

It's always funny to read about something that's supposed to be rare and then a bunch of people on these boards pipe up that they have a copy.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. These are "rare" in the sense of the number of copies that do exist.

The census Gary and put together had them as follows:

5 Cent Comics (Fawcett – February, 1940) – 2

Flash Comics # 1 (DC – December, 1939) – 6

Nickel Comics NN (Fawcett – February, 1940) – 2

But those numbers are wrong on the 5 Cent and Nickels. Not sure why we didn't update it. I would say there are probably 3-6 copies of each, which would be consistent with other Fawcett ashcans. Very few have ever shown up outside of the original Fawcett purchase in the early 1980s.