• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello Pal #1 Church copy! Any thoughts?

61 posts in this topic

Actually, she said she'd take it like a Mannequin.

100990.jpg

And FUELMAN gives new meaning to the term "woody"...

Where's his left hand? :eek:

I think we're about due for a cartoon from Flee... :wishluck:

Billy you want this book so bad, admit it. lol

i need the 2 and 3 in p'gree shape to have the definitive run.

I Hope that no one posts a picture of Hello Pal 3 as I'm resisting mightily to run and check the Gerber book, and I really don't want to get sick before bedtime. :sick:

914961.jpg

:ohnoez:

Hey at least Bob Hope was cool, might have to grab a copy. hm

What most collectors don't realize (not noted in Overstreet though I've written them a hundred times about it) is that this is the FIRST COVER APPEARANCE OF THE WHITEST TEETH IN AMERICA!

With modern culture's obsession with white teeth - and the plethora of products on the shelves to obtain that cherished goal - it's yet just another key factor that this GREAT BOOK has going for it!

Worth every penny (and much more), I'm tellin' ya...

:headbang:

I have been reading your posts all over these boards lately and you do make me laugh!!! lol

What most collectors don't realize (not noted in Overstreet though I've written them a hundred times about it) is that this is the FIRST COVER APPEARANCE OF THE WHITEST TEETH IN AMERICA!

With modern culture's obsession with white teeth - and the plethora of products on the shelves to obtain that cherished goal - it's yet just another key factor that this GREAT BOOK has going for it!

Worth every penny (and much more), I'm tellin' ya...

:headbang:

I have been reading your posts all over these boards lately and you do make me laugh!!! lol

Thnx, and Hello Pal! :hi:

Well this thread really got me interested in doing a little research, so I learned that in the early 80's DC was considering obtaining the title copyright from Harvey to continue the series and to take advantage of current celebrities and modern hip culture.

It obviously never panned out, but the cover image for the proposed 4th issue to re-launch the series has survived to this day.....

HELLO PAL! comics Number 4

HelloPal4-2-1.gif

Well this thread really got me interested in doing a little research, so I learned that in the early 80's DC was considering obtaining the title copyright from Harvey to continue the series and to take advantage of current celebrities and modern hip culture.

It obviously never panned out, but the cover image for the proposed 4th issue to re-launch the series has survived to this day.....

HelloPal4-2-1.gif

no doubt that would have finally got g.a.tor on board the title.

HelloPal4-2-1.gif

no doubt that would have finally got g.a.tor on board the title.

What is with that "Quasimodo" left eye of his?!? :eek:

HelloPal4-2-1.gif

:cloud9: