• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
17 17

5,128 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Ok thats two of you who think that and I trust your judgement. I was just thinking that it went a little low last time combined with what I've noticed to be some pretty up there prices on GA's recently. Seems to be a growing interest in the old stuff this past year.

If the book looked something like this, it would likely have no trouble hitting the mark you mentioned. But it doesn't. Not by a long shot. The 3.5 will possibly continue to stay under 30k or thereabouts. I would be surprised it it goes back to original sale price.

00002921630000111298205001.jpg

det1.18312.jpg&key=4913cf7b0782aa25dfb23

Edited by Gotham Kid

Yeah youre right. Not Exactly The Best Looking 3.5. Then again there is no tape or other qualifiers other than the Ornesh/Ernest signature, it is OW/White. Anything can happen in the final throes of an auction but you guys are probably right about it. 

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

If the book looked something like this, it would likely have no trouble hitting the mark you mentioned. But it doesn't. Not by a long shot. The 3.5 will possibly continue to stay under 30k or thereabouts. I would be surprised it it goes back to original sale price.

00002921630000111298205001.jpg

Since this is sitting in a blue Universal slab, I believe I read a thread somewhere today where Gator mentioned that a detached cover or detached centerfold usually knocks a book down by a couple of grading notches.  Hence, probably the reason why it has a CVA sticker and presents so nicely relative to its assigned grade since the defect is not visually obvious.  hm  (shrug)

Also the "3.5" copy has been up publicly for sale 3x times now, going on A 4th time within a short period of time.  Usually when the same book is seen back up for auction again and again even if the grade is higher now than it was before, the sale price is lower than its previous sale.  I've noticed this time and time again on a number of books.  Also, it makes sense because take out the top winning bidders of that book and you're left with the underbidders competing with each other.

19 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Anyone made off with some below market preRobins in last night's bidding ?

Not me, I’m sorry to say. But it looks like the other people who missed out on them went in heavy on the classic covers at the end. No one wants to go home empty handed, it seems

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost