• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,128 posts in this topic

What do you think the Tec #27 CGC 1.5 OW/W that sold in 5/09 for $83,650 would sell for today? That seems like a steal now. Do you think the buyer could double their money now?

That book has traded hands a few times since that auction at considerably higher prices than it sold for @ Heritage. Since they were private sales, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say how much it sold for so I will leave that decision to others.

I can say the book has sold in the 6fig + range very recently

What do you think the Tec #27 CGC 1.5 OW/W that sold in 5/09 for $83,650 would sell for today? That seems like a steal now. Do you think the buyer could double their money now?

That book has traded hands a few times since that auction at considerably higher prices than it sold for @ Heritage. Since they were private sales, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say how much it sold for so I will leave that decision to others.

Wasnt this particular copy the Tec27 1.5 universal which was resubbed and received a considerable bump (Matts pressing service? (shrug)).

But Rick - these sales: the trimmed 7.0, your former 8.5 + the 4.5 ext as well as the 4.0 universal; they are hardly the only copies sold and bought?. Surely there have been a number of other copies which have changes hands during the timeperiode mentioned here. Alone Heritage havent they sold quite a few Tec27-PLODs over the years?

I just dont understand why exactly these sales mentioned here should be taken as "incredible bargains". Havent "many" plods gone for the current price range over the years? :)

I personally don't think you'll ever see a Detective 27 sell publicly for $50k again. (I bought the Tec 27 7.0 from Heritage and already have had multiple opportunities to sell at $70k+ but haven't done so because I don't think I'll be able to replace it at a similar price down the road.)

My 2c

Why didn't these buyers bid on the heritage auction? it's only a few months ago.

But Rick - these sales: the trimmed 7.0, your former 8.5 + the 4.5 ext as well as the 4.0 universal; they are hardly the only copies sold and bought?. Surely there have been a number of other copies which have changes hands during the timeperiode mentioned here. Alone Heritage havent they sold quite a few Tec27-PLODs over the years?

I just dont understand why exactly these sales mentioned here should be taken as "incredible bargains". Havent "many" plods gone for the current price range over the years? :)

I personally don't think you'll ever see a Detective 27 sell publicly for $50k again. (I bought the Tec 27 7.0 from Heritage and already have had multiple opportunities to sell at $70k+ but haven't done so because I don't think I'll be able to replace it at a similar price down the road.)

My 2c

Why didn't these buyers bid on the heritage auction? it's only a few months ago.

The market has been changing rapidly lately. Filter81's evidence above suggests that I think (thumbs u

My 2c

The market has been changing rapidly lately. Filter81's evidence above suggests that I think (thumbs u

not only that, but books slip through the cracks, new buyers enter the hobby every day, financial positions change from month to month, etc, etc...there are a myriad of reasons... the same could be said why did the buyers of the million dollar comics not buy them when they were $300K... actually, kind of a silly question, since the answer is obvious lol

Wasnt this particular copy the Tec27 1.5 universal which was resubbed and received a considerable bump (Matts pressing service? (shrug)).

the book was not pressed higher, but the book did get resubbed and got a higher grade... that said, it was bid on with that potential in mind...just shows you that in less than a year, the value has litterally doubled...

the 3.0 I sold for $110K back in July of 2008, the current owner has turned down a considerably higher offer, because he knows he can never replace the copy at even that price...

now, I have said it before, these record unrestored prices have not transalated over onto most other restored keys (cap 1, bat 1, supes 1, etc)...but, empirical evidence would suggest that tec 27 and action 1, are the 2 exceptions (thumbs u

the book was not pressed higher, but the book did get resubbed and got a higher grade... that said, it was bid on with that potential in mind...just shows you that in less than a year, the value has litterally doubled...

the 3.0 I sold for $110K back in July of 2008, the current owner has turned down a considerably higher offer, because he knows he can never replace the copy at even that price...

now, I have said it before, these record unrestored prices have not transalated over onto most other restored keys (cap 1, bat 1, supes 1, etc)...but, empirical evidence would suggest that tec 27 and action 1, are the 2 exceptions (thumbs u

On the 1.5 the label noted that the spine was completely split - was the spine taped and resubbed - or was it simply resubbed? Did it get a 2.0/2.5/3.0??

(shrug) I would never try to speak for someone else, so I'm not going to try to guess. You'd have to ask them.

It could be because the market on this particular book is different now than it was several months ago after several other copies have sold since then all at increasingly higher prices. It could be that these particular buyers are in a different financial situation than they were in a few months ago. It could be that they don't bid with Heritage for whatever reason or were unaware of the book at the time of the sale. There are so many possible reasons it'd be tough to try to guess. All I can tell you is what I know, which is that the offers have come in.

I can speak from my own experience and say at this time I personally would be willing to spend more for a restored Tec 27 or Action 1 than I would have been prepared to spend several months ago.

By the way I really am asking (not accusing) but have you ever been on these boards before under a different username? I can't help but notice you have a very distinctive posting style and your account was created within a day after a known shill with a similar posting style was banned from the boards. Hopefully its just a coincidence :wishluck: in which case I apologize for asking in the first place :foryou:

I'd hate to see that guy posting again though under a (9th?) name.

On the 1.5 the label noted that the spine was completely split - was the spine taped and resubbed - or was it simply resubbed? Did it get a 2.0/2.5/3.0??

a super small amount of tape was added to secure the covers and it resubbed at a 2.5 (thumbs u

(shrug) I would never try to speak for someone else, so I'm not going to try to guess. You'd have to ask them.

It could be because the market on this particular book is different now than it was several months ago after several other copies have sold since then all at increasingly higher prices. It could be that these particular buyers are in a different financial situation than they were in a few months ago. It could be that they don't bid with Heritage for whatever reason or were unaware of the book at the time of the sale. There are so many possible reasons it'd be tough to try to guess. All I can tell you is what I know, which is that the offers have come in.

I can speak from my own experience and say at this time I personally would be willing to spend more for a restored Tec 27 or Action 1 than I would have been prepared to spend several months ago.

By the way I really am asking (not accusing) but have you ever been on these boards before under a different username? I can't help but notice you have a very distinctive posting style and your account was created within a day after a known shill with a similar posting style was banned from the boards. Hopefully its just a coincidence :wishluck: in which case I apologize for asking in the first place :foryou:

I'd hate to see that guy posting again though under a (9th?) name.

huh?

huh?

On second thought nevermind. Because assuming the date you joined the boards is just a coincidence, I'm going to feel like a real *Spoon*.

There's a guy who's been banned from the boards 6 or 7 times now under the names AlleyBat, BucOne, WaltT, and I believe JH1 (unless I'm confusing shills now.) I think his last few usernames have been a first name and last initial. He used to make a lot of short posts, usually ending in "?"s. I'm pretty sure his latest shill account was banned the day before you registered.

In any event, the guy is a complete dirtbag and a known criminal. Just about the lowest form of life you're ever likely to meet. CGC keeps banning him but the next day he usually comes back under a new name. Hopefully this time he decided to crawl back under his rock for good and actually STAY banned.

In which case I'm an for even mentioning anything and I sincerely do apologize :foryou:

You can't be too vigilant when it comes to this guy though because after padding his post count he has tried on several occasions to use these boards to steal from other board members. (tsk)

huh?

On second thought nevermind. Because assuming the date you joined the boards is just a coincidence, I'm going to feel like a real *Spoon*.

There's a guy who's been banned from the boards 6 or 7 times now under the names AlleyBat, BucOne, WaltT, and I believe JH1 (unless I'm confusing shills now.) I think his last few usernames have been a first name and last initial. He used to make a lot of short posts, usually ending in "?"s. I'm pretty sure his latest shill account was banned the day before you registered.

In any event, the guy is a complete dirtbag and a known criminal. Just about the lowest form of life you're ever likely to meet. CGC keeps banning him but the next day he usually comes back under a new name. Hopefully this time he decided to crawl back under his rock for good and actually STAY banned.

In which case I'm an for even mentioning anything and I sincerely do apologize :foryou:

You can't be too vigilant when it comes to this guy though because after padding his post count he has tried on several occasions to use these boards to steal from other board members. (tsk)

To this i'll add sending Sharon a nasty PM. This is something WaltT was also famous for. ;) (sending board members nasty PM's)

huh?

To this i'll add sending Sharon a nasty PM. This is something WaltT was also famous for. ;) (sending board members nasty PM's)

Oh I am sorry to hear that. I hope there are no shills around ... (tsk)

huh?

hm

Those who are driving may want to sleep in their cars. You can bring your

own blanket and pillow and if you're worried about getting any on you while

in NYC, discard the pillow and blanket after the trip.

Did anyone else get nasty PMs from this "gentleman"?

huh?

Never sent anyone a nasty e-mail, sent a message asking what's with all the hate for YMCA. This person took it out of context and posted a lie to the board members. Anyway, don't waste my time with such garbage.

I know it's still early and the snipers are most likely sitting and waiting their prey. But some Tecs on the comic connect auction are looking like seriously good deals right now:

Currently:

Detective Comics #33 CGC 4.0 OW/W (SA - Glue only) sitting at only 5K

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=319367

Tec 34 "7.0" raw sitting under 2K

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=349385

and

Tec 38 EXP 7.5 sitting under 2.5 K

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=318720

I know it's still early and the snipers are most likely sitting and waiting their prey. But some Tecs on the comic connect auction are looking like seriously good deals right now:

Currently:

Detective Comics #33 CGC 4.0 OW/W (SA - Glue only) sitting at only 5K

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=319367

How much glue though? From the label it sounds like that book was in 3 pieces. Great book though!

Tec 34 "7.0" raw sitting under 2K

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=349385

On what Planet is that book a 7.0?

and

Tec 38 EXP 7.5 sitting under 2.5 K

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=318720

I agree this book is sitting cheap!

It'll be interesting to see final prices on some of those early Tecs! :popcorn: