• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

I think the 31 was a nice pick up at a fair pice, seems like coverless NG is coming into its own as many of the key HTF books are just way beyond what most collectors can afford or want to spend. Being a new owner of a 27 with no cover I am thnking of starting a KEY coverless post, Id love to see whats really out there (I am not sure it has not been done already?). I am still on the fence about a hight quality repo cover next to the book in a high quality frame. Its just so cool how perceptions change. 10 yrs ago my buddy picked up a Batman 1 coverless on Ebay with bids, not a bin of apx $525. I think I laughed at him and told him he paid to much. " The times are a changin" Because I am sure he can get that for 1 page these days!

Edited by Frank Mozz

Being a new owner of a 27 with no cover I am thnking of starting a KEY coverless post, Id love to see whats really out there (I am not sure it has not been done already?).

I think this is a great idea. I bet it also results in some really great books - books that are too rare for their own "CLUB" threads, etc. ;)

The point would be to get a better idea of whats out there coverless on one thread. As I said it seems to me IMO NG coverless is starting to become more accepted as a collectors niche. Some one just paid 4k for a Detective 31, thats a lot of money for any comic cover or no . cover. Your assumption is also that every board club has the coverless books noted in the existing club, I would venture to say there are quite a few newer memebers who don't have there books in the club plus the fact that many clubs have been around so long some books may not have been seen for quite some time, which to me as a new member would be great to see without going through 700 posts. No big deal either way it was just an idea.

Edited by Frank Mozz

. . . Being a new owner of a 27 with no cover I am thnking of starting a KEY coverless post, . . . I am still on the fence about a hight quality repo cover next to the book in a high quality frame. . . .

I have #35 and #37 coverless with the high quality repro cover (inside pages printed too). I was hoping to add #31 to the collection last night.

I think the 31 was a nice pick up at a fair pice, seems like coverless NG is coming into its own as many of the key HTF books are just way beyond what most collectors can afford or want to spend. Being a new owner of a 27 with no cover I am thnking of starting a KEY coverless post, Id love to see whats really out there (I am not sure it has not been done already?). I am still on the fence about a hight quality repo cover next to the book in a high quality frame. Its just so cool how perceptions change. 10 yrs ago my buddy picked up a Batman 1 coverless on Ebay with bids, not a bin of apx $525. I think I laughed at him and told him he paid to much. " The times are a changin" Because I am sure he can get that for 1 page these days!

Hey Frank,

Wayne-Tec started a coverless GA grail thread many years ago. Although it is a little different in concept, it may work. (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3615996

Is it me or is that just a sweet clean coverless book? Killer intro page! Also I am not sure if I ask this here? If not I am sorry( delete it ) But the new grading company that just started up are they grading books the same way ie NG different colors for resto ect? I have to be honest I think I like the idea of no colors on all the books and just stating that the book has resto or there is no cover or its married ect. Would CGC consider it? Great sales move as everyone would want to have the old books reslabed lol:) Any info would be cool but it it can't be said on this board I understand as it is a CGC board. Also thanks for the link, very cool I wonder what else is out there?

Edited by Frank Mozz

Here is my coverless Tec 31. I really like it.

I like you 0.5 more ;)

Hoarder has TWO Tec 31s...? Well, now - that's just greedy (and true to his name)!

Hear, hear (tsk)