• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IS THERE NO HONOR AMONG THIEVES?

98 posts in this topic

Well, Glenn, since you started this whole thread to air your dirty laundry on the forum, I'm reserving the right to counter all of your half truths that you decide to post.

1. What do I mean by double talk?

From your earlier post ----

In a message dated 2/25/04 3:19:30 PM Mountain Standard Time, jeremyruden@hotmail.com writes:

Just so we're clear, Glenn --- you're rejecting any compromise?

My response:

I am not rejecting any compromise. I don't see the two issues as being related. If you want to get issues from me that you need you can approach me with them separately. All I am dealing with is the issue of the auction. If you don't have a problem taking the auction that is your purgative. You have heard the facts from both myself and the seller.

So you're not rejecting any compromise -- but you are rejecting any compromise?

Sounds like double talk to me.

2. The Conan 61 trade --- you neglect to mention the fact that I immediately offered you a refund for the book when you told me you were not happy with the VF/VF+ condition, but you refused. Later on I replaced that same book with a NM copy you were very happy with.

3. The Sgt Fury 133 Auction -- once again -- you neglect to mention that I had bid on that auction way before it's end. You saw I was gunning for it, you knew I needed it (because I had just traded you my only copy) and still you sniped it! Yes, that pissed me off...

4. Kid Colt 205 -- yes, it's true -- I asked you for two rare variants for the Colt 205. BUT, both of the books I asked for you had in dupes -- by doing this, we both get what we want. I get ahead in my count (I needed more than 20 at the time -- you needed 3) and you now get down to two. You think this is unreasonable? Silver & Bronze had no problem with a similar deal I made with him -- as long as I was asking for something reasonable.

Sorry that offer left such a bad taste in your mouth -- but maybe you should try learning what the color "fuzzy grey" looks like!

5. Hoarding

I trade value for value in this life, whether it be for comic books, stocks or just the company of friends. If I wanted to hoard, in any case, that would be my prerogative. I am an investor with a very long time frame. Heaven forbid I would sell or trade with the intent of “getting something out of it!”

So you are not apologetic -- that's fine -- it's your right to hoard --- but don't try and come off by saying that "maybe down the line you'd help me out". I stand by my opinion of you that you have no interest in helping anybody.

That leads me to the biggest [!@#%^&^] you posted ....

Now I don’t hold grudges for long and had already determined to help Carl and Jeremy get stuff they needed once I found an acceptable copy of Kid Colt 207 and have already made that intent known.

I can't speak for Carl -- but you never said anything like that to me. Ever.

Next time you decide you want to slander someone on a forum, do me a favor -- tell the WHOLE story -- not just your side.

Now we're done.

That was a lot of reading and I came away feeling like there were some gray areas on both side, but ultimately I don't feel like it is fair for most of us to pass judgement since we weren't involved in any of these transactions.

I did post earlier that I thought that Jeremy made the better argument simply becuase Glen chose to post his case here so opinions were appearently welcome.

I think everyone has a different sense of fairness and these type of issues will arise when that sense of fairness does not aliign with each others. I have been snipped on Ebay by what was a close friend, and let me tell yuo I wanted to pummel him so all the excuses in the world don't excuse that in my eyes. Since It wasn't really clear who placed the first bid, again their can be some gray areas in this part of the story.

I just hope that Glenn, and Jeremy can get past this and at least be civil with each other, regardless of if they ever do any trading or selling to each other in the future.

I for one am glad I am currently selling off my only 35 cent variant becuase it seems like this area of collecting isn't for me.

Good Luck to each of you gentlemen flowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gif

Having taken a page from the BronzeBruce book of "Waiting To Comment Until The Entire Story Is Told", and after hearing several versions of "both sides of the story" as well as commentary from third party sources, I've come to a conclusion in this matter.

ALL YOU PRICE VARIANT COLLECTORS ARE FREAKS!

Having taken a page from the BronzeBruce book of "Waiting To Comment Until The Entire Story Is Told", and after hearing several versions of "both sides of the story" as well as commentary from third party sources, I've come to a conclusion in this matter.

893whatthe.gif

mad.gif

frown.gif

sorry.gif

Can you find some Heritage scans of 30 cent variants resubmitted for higher grades? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifstooges.gif Just bustin' yer chops, beeyatch!

Someone said my name... so here I am...

But I can't for the life of me see why it would be a good idea for me to get involved in this thread.

Oops... too late... foreheadslap.gif

Well, at least I can follow it via email now...

As you were...

Can you find some Heritage scans of 30 cent variants resubmitted for higher grades? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gifstooges.gif Just bustin' yer chops, beeyatch!

Sorry, Darth, can't help you here. But I did manage to find quite a few regular price comics which were altered by Matt and are now showing up on the Heritage website as high grade 30 cent and 35 cent variants! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif Not a problem here since they have the blue CGC label which means they must be authentic variants.

Unfortunately, my scanner is down right now or else I would be able to show you the before and after scans. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

This is all very confusing. I don't know any of the names being thrown about & frankly, I see nothing wrong with the guy who hit the BIN. Beyond that, all I can say is thank God I do not collect variants. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I agree BOC. By the way, has your avatar gone from a mean face to a concerned/sad face?

I can't wait for you guys to finally finish your runs so you can start upgrading.My NM 35centers are starting to get itchy,they miss their tours of the postal system.

bite me! Send me your NM FFs. grin.gif

Solution:

Rip the comic in two and give each collector half! mad.gif

Then each one can consign to have stckwizard sell their half as a NM- with slight chipping.

tongue.gif

I suggested this on page 4 of this thread. The idea did not meet with approval. wink.gif

Solution:

Then each one can consign to have stckwizard sell their half as a NM- with slight chipping.

tongue.gif

I suggested this on page 4 of this thread. The idea did not meet with approval. wink.gif

Solution:

tongue.gif

I was a late comer to this thread and must have missed it.

I thought I read the thread through but I guess I didn't. frown.gif