• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst condition books!

85 posts in this topic

this is my favorite book in my collection

beat to hell but beautiful to me

hulk1fcr.jpg

Have you considered searching out a really nice condition copy and getting it slabbed? If it's your favourite book then that could be something to think about perhaps. Then you've got the best of both worlds.

I might upgrade to a 2.0, but i really have no desire to get anything higher.

and I don't like slabs, I crack slabs as soon as I buy em

Something to consider on this book is a restoration job...I might be worth your time to check into this... (thumbs u

I have no desire to restore it.

I'm perfectly happy w/it the way it is, and would only upgrade if the right book came along at the right price

Not putting this book down...it's a gem. (thumbs u .

I don't know how much money you have tied up into this book...

However...if it's around $1000.00..you could possibly spend another $1000.00 or so on resto...and make this a 7.0 or better copy...(help me if i am wrong..on these costs someone)....resell for about $3000.00 and then purchase a 4.0-4.5 copy...and maybe have $500.00 in your pocket... (shrug)

This is one of those books that is a perfect book for restoration work in my opinion...any one else have thoughts????

What do the rest of you think????? Good for resto work...or not????

I'm sure it is a good resto candidate. I just like it as is. If I were to spend a grand on resto, I'd likely keep it as opposed to selling it and buying a 4.0. I could always just sell it for what I paid($800) and save up a grand and buy a 3.0

Second lowest grade book in my collection. A cracked out blue label 3.5.

mm12-4.jpg

You're kidding, right ?? That thing looks awesome !!

mm12-4.jpg

Nope. It was a NM book that took a bath at some point. It has wrinkles and stains that don't show up on the cover. Best looking VG- of all time. Still has nice paper, no rust on the staples, etc...

mm12-4.jpg

Nope. It was a NM book that took a bath at some point. It has wrinkles and stains that don't show up on the cover. Best looking VG- of all time. Still has nice paper, no rust on the staples, etc...

(worship)

IMG_1273-1.jpg

IMG_1275-1.jpg

IMG_1278-1.jpg

Crumbling to pieces pages. :cloud9:

Sold to me on eBay...not kidding...as a "Fine"

lol

And you kept it ??!!! :o

IMG_1273-1.jpg

IMG_1275-1.jpg

IMG_1278-1.jpg

Crumbling to pieces pages. :cloud9:

Sold to me on eBay...not kidding...as a "Fine"

lol

You can just flip through the pages of a comic, you don't need to rip them out.

Previous threads about low-graders have produced examples beyond anything seen here so far. Where's the Hulk #2 with a 5" rat chew, or the FF #2 that was practically torn in half?

Previous threads about low-graders have produced examples beyond anything seen here so far. Where's the Hulk #2 with a 5" rat chew, or the FF #2 that was practically torn in half?

Not my JIM 83... :baiting:

That book has toxic black mold stachybotrys...that stuff'll kill ya... :insane:

Not sure if that Hulk book is owned by anyone on the Boards.

Not my book but here is a early Hulk that is just as bad..

288wd3k.jpg