• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Mona Lisa of the Comic World

30 posts in this topic

Hi Gang -

Here's an interesting auction titled "the Mona Lisa of the Comic World." In case you were wondering, it was not rendered by Frank Frazetta, Dave Stevens, Adam Hughes, Terry Dodson or any other popular good girl artist. Curious? Here's the link --

http://cgi.ebay.com/CATWOMAN-Original-Painting-Jim-Balent-Joe-DeVito-/120585901570?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item1c137ad602

Perhaps the most amazing thing to me is the diplomacy and restraint shown by the lone questioner who calls the price "unique," instead of using some other fine adjectives.

Hope you all get a laugh out of this. I know I did.

Best regards.

- A

Hi Gang -

Perhaps the most amazing thing to me is the diplomacy and restraint shown by the lone questioner who calls the price "unique," instead of using some other fine adjectives.

Hope you all get a laugh out of this. I know I did.

Best regards.

- A

My favorite was the answer/non-answer to the question of will he accept offers..

I bought the poster in 97 and always wondered what became of the original. I never dreamed that I would own it some day!

Which explains why it's for sale on Ebay. (thumbs u

I sold that painting last year or so for somewhere between $4000-$6000.

Nice markup

He saw what Chuck Rozanski was asking for his remaining Church books and felt he should give it a go (thumbs u

He wanted free publicity and he got it.......

Yeah...that's not always a good idea, depending on how you get it.

britney_spears_shaving-hair-bald.jpg

I was just saing to myself the other day, "Self, you have 3 million in cold, hard cash laying around. I wonder if there's a nice Jim Balent piece out there? Or Picasso? Or Monet?"

For some reason, I just keep cracking up every time I come across this post, imagining people with $3 million in cold hard cash are sitting around talking to themselves. And, referring to themselves as "self," as if they forgot their own names.

I was just saing to myself the other day, "Self, you have 3 million in cold, hard cash laying around. I wonder if there's a nice Jim Balent piece out there? Or Picasso? Or Monet?"

For some reason, I just keep cracking up every time I come across this post, imagining people with $3 million in cold hard cash are sitting around talking to themselves. And, referring to themselves as "self," as if they forgot their own names.

maybe he's just having an "out of body experience" .. just like when he gives $20 to a lap dancer

So I asked him how he was planning on shipping such an expensive pcs of art

His response:

This piece is in a nice custom frame under preservation UV glass and would be shipped in the frame if requested. This item would be crated and shipped Via Fed X. Thanks for the interest.

- nams5150000

This deal just gets better..FREE FRAME :banana:

maybe he's just having an "out of body experience" .. just like when he gives $20 to a lap dancer

This comment had me cracking up...My "self" drinking some tea, asking my "self" ...Piccasso, Monet maybe? ...Jim Balent perhaps... :roflmao: