• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dragon Con 2010 - Accepting Submissions!!!

642 posts in this topic

lol Happy Holidays, TJ. It is wonderful to have friends who will work with you in a concerted effort to get something special done in the SS world. Like what you guys were able to accomplish at Dragon Con. I was very happy to pay Adam the fees that he requested of me for his work as a facilitator. He earned every penny. The professionalism and the product that was delivered by Adam and his team (including you, presumably) was outstanding. All the hard work that you all must have put into that is appreciated by those of us that were fortunate enough to use and pay for those services. Thanks again!

You son of a :censored: ! I try to rouse some rabble and THIS is what I get?!

FU Ginger!

Kindler and gentler, Mr. Powell. Kindler and gentler. That is where I am at. :cloud9: I will be happy to tell you to go jump in a lake via PM if you believe that will be therapeutic. Again, Dragon Con was outstanding work.

Ditto, well said. Great work all.

Kindler and gentler, Mr. Powell. Kindler and gentler. That is where I am at. :cloud9: I will be happy to tell you to go jump in a lake via PM if you believe that will be therapeutic. Again, Dragon Con was outstanding work.

Ditto, well said. Great work all.

Agreed, all the facilitators and CAWs at Dragon Con did a fantastic job.

Plus, I got to have Nelsan Ellis tug on my beard at the show.

Here is my Copper haul from Dragon Con:

IMG00139-20101116-2207.jpg

IMG00137-20101116-2205.jpg

IMG00140-20101116-2209.jpg

Sweet Kelley Jones books! It's a real shame that those of us who went to Dragon Con didn't keep his appearance a secret so that we could just get our own books done and sell the rest for a huge premium!

I consider it a missed opportunity. :(

I bet the beard coulda kept quiet.

Here is my Copper haul from Dragon Con:

IMG00139-20101116-2207.jpg

IMG00137-20101116-2205.jpg

IMG00140-20101116-2209.jpg

Sweet Kelley Jones books! It's a real shame that those of us who went to Dragon Con didn't keep his appearance a secret so that we could just get our own books done and sell the rest for a huge premium!

Bitter much?

Bitter much?

Rely on the same insult much?

I was just pontificating that I should have tried to make as much money as possible by intentionally shrouding the Kelley Jones appearance in mystery. I don't know why that makes me bitter. I just wish I had followed what my wristband says: WWBKD?

Bitter much?

I was just pontificating that I should have tried to make as much money as possible by intentionally shrouding the Kelley Jones appearance in mystery. I don't know why that makes me bitter. I just wish I had followed what my wristband says: WWBKD?

:roflmao: as far as I remember every one of my signings have been public with the exception of Kieth. I gotta think if you weren't such a Kieth fan this would be a non issue. The sense of entitlement truly amazes me.

What have you brought to the table?

I was just pontificating that I should have tried to make as much money as possible by intentionally shrouding the Kelley Jones appearance in mystery.

How do you shroud a public appearance in mystery? It is completely apples and oranges. Be upset all you want about not getting in on Kieth, that is your right. But somehow, you would have been able to shroud KJ's first public appearance in a long time in mystery? Really?

I received my economy submissions on Saturday. That leaves only 3 econ submissions left to send out from CGC. Strangely, the 3 that are left were all graded before my submission, 2 of them as early as November 3rd. I called CGC and they tell me that they are just backed up and that there's nothing to worry about (books being lost/forgotten). We're in the home stretch for this show...only 3 months later. lol

Well, the remaining slabs just got out of customs! :whee:

Here they are: :)

Spectacular Spiderman #1 (2 copies) - 9.4 (Stan Lee sigs)

spect1-1.jpg

spect1-2.jpg

Spectacular Spiderman #10 - 9.4 (George Pérez & Stan Lee sigs)

spect10.jpg

Fantastic Four #92 - 7.0 (Stan Lee sig)

ff.jpg

Thor #126 - 6.5 (Stan Lee sig)

thor126.jpg

Well, the remaining slabs just got out of customs! :whee:

Here they are: :)

Spectacular Spiderman #1 (2 copies) - 9.4 (Stan Lee sigs)

spect1-1.jpg

spect1-2.jpg

Spectacular Spiderman #10 - 9.4 (George Pérez & Stan Lee sigs)

spect10.jpg

Fantastic Four #92 - 7.0 (Stan Lee sig)

ff.jpg

Thor #126 - 6.5 (Stan Lee sig)

thor126.jpg

:applause:

Bitter much?

:roflmao: as far as I remember every one of my signings have been public with the exception of Kieth. I gotta think if you weren't such a Kieth fan this would be a non issue. The sense of entitlement truly amazes me.

What have you brought to the table?

Just as I thought...nothing...

:acclaim: Wow, there have been some awesome books from the Dragon Con listed on this thread! (thumbs u Congrats to all you collectors, and a big congrats to the fellows who worked to get them! (thumbs u

Just how rare is a Stan Lee sig these days? (:

lol... i thought they were much rarer, so I sort of went overboard on getting his sig on everything related.

This was my first sub and initially, I was only getting the FF (future gift for my daughter who is a "Thing" fan - and she's only 3 !! ) and a Campbell sig, but then got the Thor #1 (i'm a Turner fan), then looked up the first Thor (#126), and then snowballed into all the others... :o

Overall, though, I feel it was a pretty cool experience ! :applause:

Wow, I got my Green Lantern #85 back this morning! As soon as I have time to take some pics and upload them I will put them up for your viewing pleasure. And I will stop complaining now....

Thanks again Adam for getting this taken care of, this particular book I have had for over 20 years I think, one of the first "back issues" I bought and I managed to keep it in decent condition long enough to get it signed by Neal. Whoo hoo!