• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dragon Con 2010 - Accepting Submissions!!!

642 posts in this topic

lol

We'll have to get you both out to a show again sometime. Aim for Heroes next year. That's another cool show.

:news: Just announced!

Summer Glau

Summer Lyn Glau is an American actress and dancer, known for playing River Tam in the science fiction series Firefly and follow-up movie Serenity, and for playing Cameron in the series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Just letting everyone know that I'll be going to DC for a few days off and I'll be back Wednesday. I may be in touch in the evenings before that, but if you have a question, a PM to EvilAsh or ffcomics will likely yield a faster answer.

Also, it's been a little busy on the home front this week. If you mailed me something and I haven't confirmed that it arrived, don't worry. I've got a few packages that arrived that I haven't had a chance to open yet. I'll open them when I get back and get them properly sorted then. (thumbs u

Finally, I'll have a few more items to add to my sales thread in the marketplace that will include plenty of stuff to get signed at the show. I might put a few items up over the next few nights, but expect most of them on Wednesday next week. :)

-Adam

And I'm back and *mostly* caught up on PM's. If you're waiting on an answer on a PM from me, go ahead and bump it and I'll get right to it. (thumbs u

Ok, a little bit of :news:

J. Scott Campbell will be charging $5 per signature for every book that will be getting graded for Signature Series at Dragon Con.

As far as I know, this development is new territory for him and this will be the first show he's charging at. Some of you have already sent me books or are planning on sending me books for JSC to sign. If it's getting graded for SS, please add $5 per signature that you want from him. EvilAsh and I are not making any extra money from this new development...all the money will be going straight to JSC.

If you've already sent books and or money and would like to hold off on getting anything signed by him, that's perfectly fine. Just send me a PM and we'll get it all straightened out. (thumbs u

Finally, we're going to be posting our pricing structure for Stan Lee sigs in the next day or two...so keep your eyes peeled. :)

And I'm back and *mostly* caught up on PM's. If you're waiting on an answer on a PM from me, go ahead and bump it and I'll get right to it. (thumbs u

Ok, a little bit of :news:

J. Scott Campbell will be charging $5 per

signature for every book that will be getting

graded for Signature Series at Dragon Con.

As far as I know, this development is new territory for him and this will be the first show he's charging at. Some of you have already sent me books or are planning on sending me books for JSC to sign. If it's getting graded for SS, please add $5 per signature that you want from him. EvilAsh and I are not making any extra money from this new development...all the money will be going straight to JSC.

If you've already sent books and or money and would like to hold off on getting anything signed by him, that's perfectly fine. Just send me a PM and we'll get it all straightened out. (thumbs u

Finally, we're going to be posting our pricing structure for Stan Lee sigs in the next day or two...so keep your eyes peeled. :)

(thumbs u

Almost none of the comic book artists charge to sign (JSC is pretty much the only exception). The media guests usually charge $20-30 for sigs, with upper echelon stars charging $50-$75 each (though deeming Shatner and Nimoy as upper echelon may be stretching it hm ).

I don't think there's ever a definitive list as some artist's prices change from show to show (and in some cases, hour to hour).

We're estimating $5 per sig for Neal Adams as that's been a pretty consistent rate he's charged in the past.

As mentioned, this JSC charge is new and is really the only definite signing fee we know of at this point.

Stan Lee's fees change from signing to signing and depend on the circumstance (public vs. private, CAW, etc.). He usually give enough lead time that you don't go to a show guessing, which is nice.

Media Guests are all over the board...we just know that most charge in the $20-$30 range for their signature, so we decided to charge an up-front fee of $25 that will be adjusted after the show once the fee is determined on-site. There were only 4 media guests that I knew of last year that charged more than $30 at Dragon Con, Patrick Stewart, Leonard Nimoy, William Shatner, and the woman who plays the president in Battlestar Galactica (I don't know her name off hand. :blush: ) I feel the way we're handling such a wide array of media guests is the best way to go about it.

If there are other charges, they'll be determined on-site. In my experience, most creators won't charge for their sigs, but it's definitely a nice gesture to offer them a little compensation for their time...especially if you've got a large stack of books. If I feel that the stack of books for the artist is pretty sizable, I'm willing to go out of pocket to pay them for their time. If they have a fixed rate or require some sort of donation before they sign, that will likely get passed on to the customer.