• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 DLC is Back Online!!

11 posts in this topic

I don't know if it's all the death threats I sent Fat Joey, but Disney has apparently grown a brain and is allowing Activision to upload the DLC (downloadable content) for the character pack and Juggernaut for both Xbox 360 and PS3. Nothing for the original MUA, but you take your victories where you can.

There is no guarantee this will be online for long, so grab it while you can.

It's currently scheduled to be up through the end of the year. And there is a "Gold Edition" of MUA 1 with all of the DLC built in.

1) Yep, but I believe Marvel/Disney as far as I can through Fat Joey. That's why I already downloaded it.

2) Obviously, but the Gold/Platinum versions of MUA are rare and extremely expensive. I have a Platinum 360 I found at Gamestop for $4.99 (prior to the DLC deletions which spiked prices), but not everyone is as lucky. Also, there is no such thing on the PS3.

Definitely a steal if you can catch it at the price of the standard. Is there any difference between platinum and gold? Is the Platinum just a platinum hits kind of thing? I've never heard of the platinum before today. Mine came with my Elite, so I had to get the DLC separately. Maybe I'll start working on that again after I finally 1000 out the Simpsons game (DON'T GET THAT IF YOU ARE AT ALL OBSESSIVE ABOUT ACHIEVEMENTS/TROPHIES)

I'm not into the whole online gaming thing so I'm approaching this only from a single player perspective... but I thought both Marvel Ultimate Alliance games were a LOT of button mashing fun. If you're not a good player, you can take it easy, mash away, and still do fine. If you know how to work the combos and get complimenting team members, then you'll enjoy seeing some real havoc wrecked on the enemy.

The storylines were fun, the cut scene graphics were fantastic, and generally good bang for the buck.

2c

Definitely a steal if you can catch it at the price of the standard. Is there any difference between platinum and gold? Is the Platinum just a platinum hits kind of thing?

Yep, it's a Platinum Hits version with the DLC included and a special DVD, just like the Gold before it:

g34207n58l7.jpg

This is the Gold Edition:

51gpDjjgVhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A warning, though, that these are much rarer than the standard edition, but getting the Hulk and all his foot-stomping glory is worth it - he's easily my favorite character in the game and can really mass-destroy enemies.