• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Long Before...

146 posts in this topic

How about saving sigs for low and mid-grade copies, and leaving the true rare gems that managed to traverse the ravages of time and the environment by maintaining exceptional preservation for those who collect such gems for what they are? :devil:

How about saving sigs for low and mid-grade copies, and leaving the true rare gems that managed to traverse the ravages of time and the environment by maintaining exceptional preservation for those who collect such gems for what they are? :devil:

Buy as many of them as you can, RGS. But you know HG copies are not as rare as the sig haters like to pretend whenever these threads crop up.

So...HG pressed books are open game then? hm

One thing I don't understand is why noone gets their SS books signed on the cover in pencil? Why are sharpies the tool of choice? Why not a soft tip pencil instead? (shrug)

Like a grease pencil?

I was more thinking invisible ink and you could use the Captain Crunch decoder if you really wanted to see the sig!

Interesting idea. CGC could sell special glasses that would let you see the inviso ink. Like the Ben Franklin glasses in National Treasure. You may be on to something.

I think this was Roy's "change in direction". we may be late to the party!

Hey, I'm already affectionately known as Superman so the X-ray vision is a given.

:whistle:

All I am going to say what ever boardie had that HULK #181 with a billion signatures on it that what a piece of trash that was. :idea:

All I am going to say what ever boardie had that HULK #181 with a billion signatures on it that what a piece of trash that was. :idea:

Do they have WIFI at the bar now?

Do they have WIFI at the bar now?

:roflmao:

So...HG pressed books are open game then? hm

Sure, they're already tainted. ;)

(hey, it's Friday, and I'm bored laying around recovering from abdominal surgery...)

Buy as many of them as you can, RGS. But you know HG copies are not as rare as the sig haters like to pretend whenever these threads crop up.

Sigs look just as pretty on mid-grade copies. :gossip:

I prefer 8.0-9.0 on SA, but there are so many nice copies out there, it doesn't really matter. I am bothered by people who get stuff signed to flip, even though i suppose there is no real difference. Someday all of our books will be owned by someone else. :cry:

One thing I don't understand is why noone gets their SS books signed on the cover in pencil? Why are sharpies the tool of choice? Why not a soft tip pencil instead? (shrug)

Pencil is commonly used to sign fine art prints, lithographs, etc. It's archival and will never fade. That said, it should not come in contact with the glass or it could smudge... so you will always see it matted so the glass is suspended above the pencil signature.

I suspect a pencil signature that comes in contact with the CGC inner well would not hold up well.

Someday all of our books will be owned by someone else. :cry:

Bull mess! :sumo: Mine are going with me in my KISS coffin. :headbang:

That is cool. Like a modern day pharaoh. I hope you don't have any servants when you die. :eek:

I collect what I like, not what you like. Maybe I think what you collect is krap and could be thrown on an open flame? See how that works?

Forum rule #1 Collect what YOU like, but don't bash others for collecting what they like. :rulez:

I have a hit man lined up for the first person to Sig Series a Schomburg Timely book.

:insane:

I bet Joe Simon or Stan Lee has already signed one.

Well, I know they signed a Cap 22 because I submitted it. My first and last Timely submission for SS. Of course that isn't a Schomburg cover.

But the book doesn't :gossip:

The book looks prettier without someone's name scribbled across the front of it. :shy:

The book looks prettier without someone's name scribbled across the front of it. :shy:

Instigator :baiting: