• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.2 with holes? just skip the piss match

140 posts in this topic

IMO, the missing stamp doesn't effect the grade as much as bindery holes which goes through the entire book. smirk.gif You must be kidding right? This 9.2 sickens me mad.gif The label should read, "1.0 P.O.S. with holes in it." grin.gif

Mainly because a missing MVS is an internal problem that doesn't detract from the look of a CGC book. CGC does the same for a missing centerfold.

Then again, when a cover corner is cut off or there is a huge rip on the cover, CGC downgrades for this. Having holes in the cover certainly comes under a standard, visible defect and this Qualified grade is a real joke.

I love low grade!!!! smile.gif Buy a lot for a little $$$$. I still believe that if a book is missing anything it's not a complete book. I had a lot of nice books that looked VF and some kid cut the ads out of those Silver Age Marvels! The FF4 was a killer to look at.....it really hurt. frown.gif

-Adam

that it's why it's a qualified 9.2 (Quailified = book with a SEROUIS defect) the rest of the book is a 9.2 BUT it has 3 holes in it. That's why it's in a green label,You know Rickey,i have read alot of your posts and i get the impression you over anaylize everything,and tear it apart.All i have read from you is CGC this and CGC that,why don't you call CGC themselves and speak to the graders?..you can do that you know,just say "i'd like to speak with Steve Borock please" and he can answer your list of complaints.

the idea of the "qualified" grade is "this book would grade x without this single, major defect," right? CGC is obviously grading the book 9.2 without taking the holes into account. That's kind of goofy, I think.

Now that that's out of the way- how many Tales of Suspense 1s have people around here seen? That's the first I can remember. Anyone got an Overstreet handy? What's guide on that book?

the idea of the "qualified" grade is "this book would grade x without this single, major defect," right? CGC is obviously grading the book 9.2 without taking the holes into account. That's kind of goofy, I think.

That's exactly the point, and I can only rationalize a Qualified grade for a comic with non-visible damage, such as a cut coupon or MVS. Once you get into the BS of a Qualified grade for a book with holes, you could submit a coverless, otherw-wise pristine comic and you should get a Qualified CGC 9.8-9.9 back.

"that it's why it's a qualified 9.2 (Quailified = book with a SEROUIS defect) the rest of the book is a 9.2 BUT it has 3 holes in it. That's why it's in a green label,You know Rickey (Ricky),i have read alot of your posts and i get the impression you over anaylize (analyze) everything,and tear it apart.All i have read from you is CGC this and CGC that,why don't you call CGC themselves and speak to the graders?..you can do that you know,just say "i'd like to speak with Steve Borock please" and he can answer your list of complaints."

I know what a green label means, but this is not the norm when compared to a MVS missing etc. I put this out there since people asked for an example of how CGC grades older books with more leniency. Maybe if you read a little, it might help.

"CGC this and CGC that"

Last time I checked, this is the CGC forum.

Maybe I do over analyze ( not anaylize) because education has taught me to look farther into things, rather than take them for their face value. Go play with gman since he's the only one that would waste his breath on losers like you.smilie_zwillinge.gif

Go play with gman since he's the only one that likes to play with losers like you

Maybe you should go play with yourself instead,but you probably look deeper in your masterbating since your so educated by looking farther into it.

Coupon missing? Holes? still something about the book missing now isn't it? tongue.gif

"Maybe you should go play with yourself instead,but you probably look deeper in your masterbating since your (you mean your're wink.gif ) so educated by looking farther into it."

Sorry I am not your kind. I am not drawn offsides that easily. Especially by guys with no brain (ie. assistant pressman). I'm sure momma is proud, smirk.gif applaud applaud

"Coupon missing? Holes? still something about the book missing now isn't it?"

The coupon is in the inside while holes go through the entire book. Only common sense would allow someone to see this. Errr, wait actually even an insufficiently_thoughtful_person with eyes could have.

This is something about CGC that has totally bugged me. I have seen greenies used on books before with bindery holes before mad.gif and it seems utterly wrong.

The holes effect the artwork throughout the whole book (not like a missing MVS or a 5" tear) so how can the book be a qualified grade when the essence of the book is missing?

Don't waste time arguing, as it's obvious that Shuley has a stack of "binder books" that he's hoping to get a 9.8 Qualified out of.

What's funny is that if you let anything into the Qualified grade, I could send in a single page and get a Qualified "29 Pages Missing" CGC Grade attached to it. At some point you have to draw the line, but it certainly appears to be more lenient the older the book is.