• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Teen Titles (Silver Age)

409 posts in this topic

The only titles that get less respect than Marvel westerns are the "girl" books. They're totally cool (not from a reading angle) and near IMPOSSIBLE to find in high grade. I've been looking for super-high grade Linda Carter Student Nurse copies for over 15 years and the best I've found are a couple VF books and that's it.

I think many of these books were loved -- and then not loved at all as they never entered the "collector stream" of back issues.

This is my earliest "high grade" book. The scans do tend to emphasize the wear and don't reveal how flat, tight and glossy the book is.

MM125CGC80.jpg

MtM125FDec64CGC80.jpg

The books were "different" right down to the distinctive back cover ads.

MtM125RDec64CGC80.jpg

I quite like these books as representing a forgotten aspect of pop culture.

A slightly different take on the girls' comic scene.

Linda Carter, Student Nurse.

This is the last issue -- an all Al Hartley issue. A victim of Martin Goodman's musical "publication" chairs, it was cancelled in October 1962 and replaced in December by Amazing Spider-Man #1.

LC9Jan63F.jpg

Cool book! I think Steve and Linda are about to get thrown out of the surgery suite for their utter disregard of sterile technique, however lol

PW93.jpg

Very nice. I am envious. Keep me in mind when you realise that collecting teen titles is a threat to your manhood* and you need to liquidate. :baiting:

* I am, of course, secure in my masculinity.

Let's go back a little further in time ... Vinnie Colletta.

On the newsstand in April of 1959, concurrent with JIM 53 and ST 70.

:applause: I love the history of what this was on the stands with at the time! (worship) Nice copy! Was this just on Ebay?

It's from eBay but from October 2009.

I might be one of the few fans of Vinnie Colletta's work.

When he was churning it out through his studio, he did a lot of damage to some pencillers' work. It hard to accept his second guessing of Kirby's pencils and the erasure of characters and backgrounds to save time.

But his early solo work is sophisticated and I grew up on the Kirby/Colletta Thor and found it mesmerizing --- especially Tales of Asgard.

Heavy foxing. You didn't really want it. :sumo:

lol Ohhhhhh but I did want it!!! :cry::cry::cry::censored: 51.02!!! COME ON!!!!

You outbid me. Glad I don't look at your want list when I'm watching a book. lol Maybe it was somebody wanting to complete their run.

I don't see any foxing BTW, just soiling/dirt.