• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I just recently found this forum and I am loving it! This thread is awesome, and for my first post I wanted to share a few pics of my own.

I picked up this set a few years ago, and until I read through this thread, I had not seen any others before.

New England Comics Newsletter #s 14, 15 &16

dsc00095es.jpg

dsc00096g.jpg

dsc00098wn.jpg

dsc00100ep.jpg

Here are a few others. 1 pretty HTF, the other two I just hadn't seen here yet.

Silverwolf Bulletin #2: First Grips, First Ron Lim published art

hpnx0038.jpg

Elflord #1: Aircel (1986)

dsc00102fq.jpg

DC Spotlight #1: First Watchmen (last page cameo)

dsc00104aa.jpg

Hi Guys,

I just recently found this forum and I am loving it! This thread is awesome, and for my first post I wanted to share a few pics of my own.

I picked up this set a few years ago, and until I read through this thread, I had not seen any others before.

dsc00095es.jpg

dsc00096g.jpg

dsc00098wn.jpg

dsc00100ep.jpg

Here are a few others. 1 pretty HTF, the other two I just hadn't seen here yet.

Silverwolf Bulletin #2: First Grips, First Ron Lim published art

hpnx0038.jpg

Elflord #1: Aircel (1986)

dsc00102fq.jpg

DC Spotlight #1: First Watchmen (last page cameo)

dsc00104aa.jpg

:applause:

Yeah--I hate you very much for those NEC Newsletters. Once upon a time, I was the world's biggest Tick fan. Actually completed my (first) first print set only after going to New England Comics itself about 20 years ago.

Still remember their wall books at the time, too. An Evil Ernie # 1 (signed) and Metal Men # 1 (from the "IRS collection").

Hi Guys,

dsc00095es.jpg

dsc00096g.jpg

dsc00098wn.jpg

dsc00100ep.jpg

Very cool!!

Are the 1st 2 pages from #14 and the 3rd page from #15? How about that Christmas pinup, which issue is that? I've never seen these in person. Awesome.

"Are the 1st 2 pages from #14 and the 3rd page from #15? How about that Christmas pinup, which issue is that? I've never seen these in person. Awesome."

NEC Newsletters 14 & 15 each have 1 page of story, while newsletter 16 only has a small cameo (the Christmas image). #14 had two pages landscape oriented on one newsletter page.

Edited by KrAzBoY96

Just found out today that my Amethyst #1 35 cent price variant is coming back CGC 9.6. I'll post a scan once I receive it next week. (thumbs u

Here's the scan I promised of this book:

Amethyst1CGC9635centPriceVariant.jpg

:gossip: And yes, it's already sold.

Just found out today that my Amethyst #1 35 cent price variant is coming back CGC 9.6. I'll post a scan once I receive it next week. (thumbs u

Here's the scan I promised of this book:

Amethyst1CGC9635centPriceVariant.jpg

:gossip: And yes, it's already sold.

(thumbs u That's a georgeous book! Congrats to whoever pried that from you-

Does anyone have a copy of Scout Interlude?

It was a mini comic Truman released in his Dixie Pistols album.Scout got married in this issue and it bridged the gap between series'.

I have the album but it is unopened and until I can get my ancient Kenwood stero going I'm not going to open the album.

Also is there anyway to find out how many copies of the album were pressed? It can't have been very many.

Here is a hard to find one. I think its the first apperance of V for Vendetta and the first reapperance of Marvelman

Now THAT'S a great Copper Age book!!! 1st appearance of two great characters in one book. :golfclap: