• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 80's books.
9 9

1,000 posts in this topic

Ian's thread is a treasure trove of images!

Here's the Remco Warlord book - apparently this is the only one anyone's ever seen, as it is supposed to not exist. This might be the winner.

855999-lostwarlordcopy.JPG

Was this the winner? (shrug) How does one price a book like this?

Why this comic is so special? How it's possible that there is only one known copy?

Here's the Remco Warlord book - apparently this is the only one anyone's ever seen, as it is supposed to not exist. This might be the winner.

Why this comic is so special? How it's possible that there is only one known copy?

Only one "known." I'm sure there are a few left out there in quarter boxes waiting to be unearthed. I need to make a list of all these super rare copper treasures. I'm sure I've skipped over a few of them dumpster diving.

Another htf Warlord, variant with text on the cover!

warlord108variant.jpg

Lots of warlord action going on lately. I'm hoping another one of the Remco ones surfaces. I'm sure there's more than a few looking for it, now.

if memory serves, that has the 1st published app of the dark knight returns too.

what about the miracleman trades? are they actually rare or do people just assume so cause they were not reprinted? print run estimates?

DC Presents 22 Whitman variant.

Finally has been able to be confirmed and one just sold for $250 on ebay in VG no less. Its been driving collectors crazy I know to at least confirm its existence.

Is that warlord's copy? This book definitely qualifies for this thread!

Edit: missed that auction. :frustrated: I would have paid more than that.. (hint hint if a boardie wants to make a flip.)

Edited by Dungeon

Only one "known." I'm sure there are a few left out there in quarter boxes waiting to be unearthed. I need to make a list of all these super rare copper treasures. I'm sure I've skipped over a few of them dumpster diving.

Only one what though? Is it a completely unique comic or is it a slight cover variant or something?

Only one what though? Is it a completely unique comic or is it a slight cover variant or something?

(shrug) No idea. It's probably just one of those cheapo giveaways, but for whatever reason it seems to be rare. A lot of them from that time period aren't that hard to find. I like the cover.

(shrug) No idea. It's probably just one of those cheapo giveaways, but for whatever reason it seems to be rare. A lot of them from that time period aren't that hard to find. I like the cover.

Nobody knows.

Posted on this early, but my wireless went down. This is the holy grail for Whitman collectors. They didnt know for years if it even existed they only had a picture on it to go from till someone this year found one. Before this one the Sgt Rock and Warlord were the tough ones to get I think. Its like finding a new 35 cent variant for those collectors.

Ask Warlord about it I am sure he will tell you he has looked for years for one. Go over and visit STL and read the section on Whitman's they are 4 basic categories they fall into the first 3 are not too hard to find, but the last category is tough and this Whitman falls into a 5th category of impossible. All that said above I am not a Whitman collector, but alot of my fellow collectors I know are and I am happy this was finally proven one way or another. Its the how Cosmic Spider-man felt when he made the entire 35 cent variant collection and that was a few years ago. Nobody else has made one since.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Nobody knows.

Posted on this early, but my wireless went down. This is the holy grail for Whitman collectors. They didnt know for years if it even existed they only had a picture on it to go from till someone this year found one. Before this one the Sgt Rock and Warlord were the tough ones to get I think. Its like finding a new 35 cent variant for those collectors.

Ask Warlord about it I am sure he will tell you he has looked for years for one. Go over and visit STL and read the section on Whitman's they are 4 basic categories they fall into the first 3 are not too hard to find, but the last category is tough and this Whitman falls into a 5th category of impossible. All that said above I am not a Whitman collector, but alot of my fellow collectors I know are and I am happy this was finally proven one way or another. Its the how Cosmic Spider-man felt when he made the entire 35 cent variant collection and that was a few years ago. Nobody else has made one since.

I think he meant the warlord remco giveaway? But, that's good info on the Whitman. Aren't there a few more that "might" exist?

If there are any in quarter bins, I'd be shocked beyond belief. Ian Levine has said in the past that Paul Levitz affirmed that they were never printed. Where that one copy came from, I'm not sure, but I think it was a prototype or something like that

If there are any in quarter bins, I'd be shocked beyond belief. Ian Levine has said in the past that Paul Levitz affirmed that they were never printed. Where that one copy came from, I'm not sure, but I think it was a prototype or something like that

If theres 1, theres more. Seriously though, wouldn't that be the original artwork if it were never printed? Maybe other wise board members can chime in?

Edited by Dungeon

Finally has been able to be confirmed and one just sold for $250 on ebay in VG no less. Its been driving collectors crazy I know to at least confirm its existence.

Edit: missed that auction. :frustrated: I would have paid more than that.. (hint hint if a boardie wants to make a flip.)

Agreed, I think a straight up auction without a BIN would have done extremely well.

Yes, I have the copy that you see in the Youtube video!

Flipping my DCCP#22... hm But it's part of my complete set! Well..., never say never!

Agreed, I think a straight up auction without a BIN would have done extremely well.

Yes, I have the copy that you see in the Youtube video!

Flipping my DCCP#22... hm But it's part of my complete set! Well..., never say never!

I'll keep trying! :headbang: