• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Marvel Mystery Annual 128PG Timely Giant Club

84 posts in this topic

Batman_fan, we added the requested scans in our thread in the EBAY/Dealer area

Would love to see Amazing Mystery Funnies V2 #4 :wishluck:

Batman_fan, we added the requested scans in our thread in the EBAY/Dealer area

Would love to see Amazing Mystery Funnies V2 #4 :wishluck:

(tsk)

For academic purposes only :angel:

ouch. notable that the seller is also from quebec though, same as the sparkle city OO

ouch. notable that the seller is also from quebec though, same as the sparkle city OO

Which strengthens the case that the MM Annual was printed in Canada, although people dispute that, and OS makes no mention (it mentions the Cap Annual as Canadian).

Which strengthens the case that the MM Annual was printed in Canada, although people dispute that, and OS makes no mention (it mentions the Cap Annual as Canadian).

i have never heard any credible source dispute that it is a Canadian release (shrug)

i have never heard any credible source dispute that it is a Canadian release (shrug)

Can anybody expalin to me why the Cap annual and the MM annual carries so much value, since all other Canadian reprints really don't have much value at all in the marketplace and the others are probably just as rare as the 2 Timely annuals?

Is is simply due to the fact that Overstreet not only have them listed in the guide,but right at the end of the Cap and MM listings which gives the impression, rightly or wrongly, that they are an integral part of the American Cap and MM runs? hm

Can anybody expalin to me why the Cap annual and the MM annual carries so much value, since all other Canadian reprints really don't have much value at all in the marketplace and the others are probably just as rare as the 2 Timely annuals?

Is is simply due to the fact that Overstreet not only have them listed in the guide,but right at the end of the Cap and MM listings which gives the impression, rightly or wrongly, that they are an integral part of the American Cap and MM runs? hm

Timely completists probably have driven up the prices. They are rare and they are BIG. Very cool to hold.

I hear just the opposite from timely completists. They have no desire to have these (shrug)

I completed (for the most part) all the timely sh runs and I too never had desire or felt I needed these Canadian reprints to be "complete"

One theory as to their existence is they were a sort of ashcans to secure the copyright of the characters north of the border. That's why between the 2 books you get all the major Timely characters. That's why they're black and white, because Goodwin didn't want to pay for colour and the sales weren't that important. Why they're so big is anybody's guess.