• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL Chicago Comicon Forum Dinner!

77 posts in this topic

You needed love

So now I'm back

It's been five years since I ran one of these things, but with Flying Donut taking a powder from the festivities this year someone had to step up and take the lead. Luckily that person is klozd24seven ... I'm just providing logistics. :D Brad will be in charge of marketing and general arm twisting, as well as funds collection. I'll just be the guy picking up the pieces when Greggy goes running around all of Gibson's with a lampshade on his head.

So, without further adieu, here are the details for this year's Chicago Comicon Forum Dinner!

The Details:

What:

CGC Forum Dinner - Chicago

When:

Saturday, August 21th, 6:00pm - ?? (Dinner at 8:00pm)

Where:

The Stephens Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Why:

TO PARTY!

Who: (taken from the "probing" thread)

PedigreeMan

klozd24seven

143ksk

r1970d

G.A.tor (and crew? :wishluck:)

Shark

Electricprune

TheWatcher

seanfingh

catrick339

Moondog + 3

MutantManatee

sborock

How Much:

$75 per person. Paypal (personal) to Brad -- klozd24-7@comcast.net -- ASAP, and please put your board name in the comments section. If you know the secret handshake we MAY grant you a dispensation and allow you to pay cash at the show, but only if you have a note from your mother explaining why.

Anyone who has said they will be in Chicago during this time, or will be within a 100 mile radius of the convention, or who we even think will be in the area has 24 hours to sign up. After that, expect a boatload a handful of haranguing polite emails and/or PMs harassing gently prodding you to come!

Let the games begin!

Alan and Brad

I'm very very very sad that I won't be there this year - Wizard's move to the week before Baltimore, coupled with a long standing trip to Chicago August 6-8, makes it nearly impossible. That being said, I'm sure Alan and Brad will have a tremendous event, and everybody should go.

(For a moment Catrick considers mentioning that he used to enjoy an occasional Swisher Sweet, decides he's way WAY outclassed, and subsides)

So. Just over three weeks until the excitement begins (I'm coming in thursday afternoon)

Do we have an updated list of Fun Folk for the dinner?