• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL Chicago Comicon Forum Dinner!

77 posts in this topic

This was my first time at the dinner and it was great. Special thanks to Roy and Lou for entertaining my daughters. This morning they were asking me when they would get to see you next!

This was my first time at the dinner and it was great. Special thanks to Roy and Lou for entertaining my daughters. This morning they were asking me when they would get to see you next!

It was a really fun evening.

The nite flew by and they're sweethearts (although Samantha was pushing her luck a little bit :baiting:). You'll have to make a trip up to Canada one day!

(thumbs u

Great dinner! And I'm forever beholden to CentaurMan for allowing me to put thumbprints on his Action 1

First time I've been nervous handling a book since Keith Brooke pulled a Red Raven 1 out of a paper bag over dinner one night in Chicago lo these many years ago, and said "Here, take a look"

Add Action 1 to the list of Reeeeeeeealy Big Books I've had the pleasure of handling.

Thanks again!

I'd been battling with Vertigo all weekend long and so we arrived just at the start of dinner. Wow, wish I was there for that!

:cry:

It was a really fun evening.

The nite flew by and they're sweethearts (although Samantha was pushing her luck a little bit :baiting:). You'll have to make a trip up to Canada one day!

(thumbs u

Agreed! Jeff, how about this weekend? We've got a con going on in Toronto.

I had a great time at the dinner! It was fun seeing old friends again and meeting new ones! HUGE THANKS to CentaurMan for letting me hold and flip through a book I thought I'd never get to peruse in my life!

Here are a few of my pics from the dinner:

Catrick339 posing with the Action Comics #1:

DSCN0076.jpg

Szelim admiring the ultimate grail:

DSCN0075.jpg

Yours truly enjoying the moment of a lifetime:

DSCN0080.jpg

Maggie Thompson, Billy Tucci, Gary Colabuono:

DSCN0088.jpg

Szelim scoffs at the tiny dessert portions:

DSCN0089.jpg

Szelim scoffs at the tiny dessert portions:

DSCN0089.jpg

I really would have loved to have seen the Action #1!

On another note, that Ice Cream cake was bar none the best dessert I have ever had!

:cloud9:

I have to offer up a big round of applause to Alan and Brad for organizing the dinner :applause: :applause: :applause:

I really enjoyed meeting all the boardies and Emily ( my wife ) had a terrific time, thanks to everyone who made her feel so welcome ( she can be a bit on the shy side ).

Casey

I have to offer up a big round of applause to Alan and Brad for organizing the dinner :applause: :applause: :applause:

I really enjoyed meeting all the boardies and Emily ( my wife ) had a terrific time, thanks to everyone who made her feel so welcome ( she can be a bit on the shy side ).

Casey

Great meeting you and Emily! Spending the final part of my evening at Gibsons with you both was a real pleasure!

Here's some of the killer books that were on display at the dinner:

Moondog and his ashcans!

IMG_2013.jpg

More sweet, killer books! ~WOOT!~

IMG_2016.jpg

And yes, that is a Marvel Comics #1.

IMG_2015.jpg

And yes, I believe that is a Human Torch #1

IMG_2014.jpg

Casey

Great meeting you and Emily! Spending the final part of my evening at Gibsons with you both was a real pleasure!

Steve,

Believe me, the feeling is 100% mutual on our part. We had a wonderful time getting to know you.