• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite 20 cent'ers??

94 posts in this topic

First of all...Great thread! I too have recently rediscovered the joy of collecting 20-centers! I just recently bought nearly 200 unread Marvels from that era, many of which are books that you just never see (Night Nurse, Combat Kelly, War is Hell, Marvel's Greatest Comics, etc). Here is one of my new favorites....Marvel's Greatest # 41 reprinting FF # 54 with a great new cover. It Guides for $7 in NM....good luck on finding a true NM copy for $7.

1076129814993_MGC41.JPG

Man, I love some of those reprint covers. My favorites are the early Marvel Triple Action, with the picture frame covers.

20 centers were definetly some of the best covers of all time for Marvel and DC. And some of the earlier 20 cent stuff along with the 15 cent stuff is much tougher in grade than many mid-late 60's books, particularly with these reprint books, as you mentioned.

Gotta love those picture frames. I wish Marvel went with it longer.

Here's one of my favorite Conan covers, and I just picked up this killer copy thanks to Dr. Banner........

con17a.jpg

Gotta love those picture frames. I wish Marvel went with it longer.

Not long ago I ran across a website that told the history of the frame type Marvel covers.

I read some of it but didn't get to finish looking at the whole website.

I wish I had bookmarked it because I can't find it now.

Does anyone have a link to it?

You read my mind. I was just going to comment on the cover to FF 120.

That looks like a killer copy, btw. I'm still looking for mine.....