• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm Coming Out of the Closet...Loads of Pics

277 posts in this topic

Paperbacks...Not much good stuff but the Doc Savage is pretty cool and unread.

Thats Docs first adventure (thumbs u

And the last item in that box was very cool - old timers will remember Wooley's - Charles and his wife. I ordered and won many an auction from them - back before the Internet. I still remember the wife's distinctive and friendly voice when she answered the phone. This is a publication they released called Wooley's History of the Comic Book 1899-1936. The Origin of the Superhero. I also posted some interior pics.

WooleysHistoryoftheComicBook.jpg

WooleysHistoryoftheComicBook3.jpg

WooleysHistoryoftheComicBook2.jpg

WooleysHistoryoftheComicBook1.jpg

And the last item in that box was very cool

Lucky you. Most comic nerds only dream of someday actually having their junk in a box. :shy:

Drawers 5 and 6

Wow! You have a lot of junk in your drawers, too! (worship)

You should see his trunk. I wonder what he's gonna do with all that junk, all that junk, all that junk he has in that trunk? hm

Well I don't like to brag, so I appreciate you guys taking up the slack :insane:

And believe it or not I am neat freak. All of these things are stored away neatly in boxes, containers etc. Here's some old newspapers:

Reagan Scores Landslide - November 5, 1980

ReaganScoresLandslide.jpg

Howard Hughes Hurt in Crash - July 8, 1946 Plus pics of the comic strip pages. This paper is pretty rough but still sort of cool. To name a few in the strips - Nancy by Bushmiller, Mutt and Jeff by Fisher, Jon Jason by Elmer Wexler (who I think had a hand in creating the Fighting Yank). Buck Rogers by Calkins, Phantom by Falk...

HowardHughesHurtinCrash.jpg

ComicStripsfrom1946.jpg

ComicStripsfrom19463.jpg

ComicStripsfrom19462.jpg

ComicStripsfrom19461.jpg

And I tired of taking pics of every item and you may be getting weary of everything so group shots for a lot of things like these pbs.

Sci-FiPaperbacks.jpg

I had every one of those books. :cloud9:

Hey Diceman :hi:

I'm sure there was a reason at the time that I doubled up on a couple of them. They all look unread.

Rendezvous with Rama has always been a favorite of mine, btw.

If you're wondering why I decided to do this now, it's because my wife and child are in Hawaii for two weeks. They went with my wife's parents so I've got some free time and it never felt so good :acclaim:

Last batch for tonight - back to the cool and esoteric

A batch of unused Three Stooges and Pink Panther puffy stickers ca. 1980

th_ThreeStoogesandPinkPantherPuffyStic.jpg

Fantastic Four Bubble Wrappers - opened and no gum ca 1982 :)

th_FantasticFourBubbleGumWrappersca198.jpg

Batman Playing Cards - unopened ca 1979

th_BatmanPlayingCardsca1979.jpg

Unopened Fantastic Four 100 Piece Puzzle ca 1981

th_FantasticFour100PiecePuzzleca1981.jpg

The Comics Buyers Guide #504 July 15, 1983. I used to have a near entire run of the Alan Light the Buyers Guide through the run of the tabloid CBGs but I threw almost every one of them away. :tonofbricks: I kept this because they printed a letter from me.

th_CBG504July151983.jpg

And who remembers

Nabisco DC Comics Character Cookies ca 1982 (empty boxes - no treats left)

th_DCComicsAnimalCrackerBoxesca1982.jpgth_DCComicsAnimalCrackerBoxesca19822.jpgth_DCComicsAnimalCrackerBoxesca19821.jpg

And last in this box, a few a my artistic endeavors. Oh how I wanted to be an artist :cry:

th_MyArt.jpgth_6.jpgth_7.jpgth_8.jpg

th_1.jpgth_2.jpgth_3.jpgth_4.jpgth_5.jpg

Thought I was done for tonight but as open more boxes, I get excited with what I find. How many people remember the Marvel Comics Pocket Books from 1977-1979. Very cool items, full color interiors. These are all unread and so glossy, I'm amazed:

Also - there is a Star Wars Marvel Comics book (paperback size) that reprints the comics. B/W interiors from 1977. Unread, glossy with pristine white pages.

And an actual Marvel Comics novel from Pocket Books - 1979. It is #9 in Marvel Novel Series. Love the cover which is by Dave Cockrum.

th_2copiesDoctorStrangePocketBook1.jpgth_DoctorStrangePocketBook2.jpgth_CaptainAmericaPocketBook.jpgth_ConanPocketBook1.jpgth_ConanPocketBook2.jpgth_ConanPocketBook3.jpg

th_ConanPocketBook4.jpgth_ConanPocketBook5.jpgth_FantasticFourPocketBook.jpgth_HulkPocketBook1.jpgth_HulkPocketBook2.jpgth_SpidermanPocketBook1.jpg

th_SpidermanPocketBook2.jpgth_SpiderwomanPocketBook.jpgth_StarWarsPaberbackComicReprint.jpgth_MarvelNovelSeries9.jpg

5 DC paperback Tempo Books. I actually have another set of five with a Wonder Woman and in a pre-made holder that I'll get to later. From 1978 with b/w interiors.

5DCComicsTempoBooksca1978.jpg

I had all these and had forgotten about the. Nice Neal Adams cover on that Superboy & the Legion.