• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IRON MAN 1

16 posts in this topic

Hi Tortoise,

I am going lower on this book as I just got mine back and was surprised by the grade.

I think yours is a 5.5 maybe 6.0 in hand. Just my opinion but

There is a stain on the front cover (appears) between the The and Iron in the title...

There is a big crease on the back bottom that probably goes through most of the book.

The spine has plenty of stress that break color and there is a lower right corner crease on the front.

I'm no expert grader by any stretch but I believe this is no higher than a 6.0

Hi Tortoise,

I am going lower on this book as I just got mine back and was surprised by the grade.

I think yours is a 5.5 maybe 6.0 in hand. Just my opinion but

There is a stain on the front cover (appears) between the The and Iron in the title...

There is a big crease on the back bottom that probably goes through most of the book.

The spine has plenty of stress that break color and there is a lower right corner crease on the front.

I'm no expert grader by any stretch but I believe this is no higher than a 6.0

good break-down, but there is no stain.

I agree with you guys now. I look at it again, and I think I missed the top edge flashing wear. At first glance I saw the LR crease and the corners, the top edge looks straight. But that over flashing has been contacting things over and over. There are enough tiny tears there with almost a full length crease running next to the top, I think 6.0 is about right.

The back cover crease is minor to nothing though, that's fixable IMO.