• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mis-cut? printer hiccup? or trimmed?

12 posts in this topic

That is what I"m thinking. Looking from the back, it looks like the book was misaligned when cut.

Having not seen too many miscut comics, I was just curious as to the impact of their eye appeal and the diminished value, if in, they have.

I guess my question is does the value of a miscut comic diminish compared to the same comic cut correctly? In other words, if a comic you desired to own was mis-cut, would you make an offer at a price less than you would make an offer if the comic was cut correctly?

Another variable is the rarity of the comic. All Winners #14 is pretty rare. Therefore, the miscut has no dramatic impact on its value compared to a properly cut comic.

I don’t think it effects the grade unless it's drastic (somewhat comparable to miswrap) and I find it to be quite common. I have seen allot of books with the cover off and when you line the top or bottom up to a straight edge you will see they are not straight from end to end. I would say for every straight edge book I work on I see 5 or more that don't. Some by a little, some by allot. Golden age is worse as the machinery wasn't as good as the 60’s were.

My Chew #1 SS is miscut across the top, and received a 9.8. I wonder what it would have graded without the miscut - higher, or if they just didn't take off for it? I have no idea.

Interesting to read this thread, as I have no idea how a miscut affects a grade.

Here's a drastic mis-cut that did not affect the grade.affected the grade so much it had to be GLOD?

2lbdwkk.jpg

(shrug)