• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unrestored Original Owner Action # 1 in sept Comicconnect auction

343 posts in this topic

It's a nice looking book...depends on back cover and what's going on with the lower staple I could easily see a 5.0/5.5.

It's a nice looking book...depends on back cover and what's going on with the lower staple I could easily see a 5.0/5.5.

And that jagged 1" tear at the bottom edge. Just going by the front cover, I would grade it 4.0 with the tears, spine split, rounded corners, and dirt. I say CGC gives it a 4.5, but a 5.0 wouldn't surprise me

And that jagged 1" tear at the bottom edge. Just going by the front cover, I would grade it 4.0 with the tears, spine split, rounded corners, and dirt. I say CGC gives it a 4.5, but a 5.0 wouldn't surprise me

I missed that.

(thumbs u

I missed that.

(thumbs u

I did, too, the first couple of times I looked at the book ;) The tear kinda blends in to the orange background

Man,

I wish I owned an Action #1. :pullhair:

Something tells me I won't have much of a chance of winning this auction. :cry:

is probably a 375 to 450k book and presents better than a vg [though it isnt] thats the big plus here. When I first saw the scan and scrolled down half way I thought it was another 8.0 till I saw the bottom half and said z cause I over anticipated my excitment over the 1st top half.Dont get me wrong.Gorgious copy!

I'm not going to be able to participate in the race for this books as I don't have those kind of funds, so I don't feel bad saying this and hyping it up! :devil:

Honestly,

If the book gets a "technical" grade of anything from a 4.0-5.0, it is by far a much higher displaying book, from what I can tell from the pic, it's one of those books that might fall short in grade but the way it looks its just so "breath-taking" its a scenario of wanting the book (and possibly paying a little more than grade estimate) and not the grade. If all 4.0-5.0 books looked liked this I'd be a happy camper.

Man,

is probably a 375 to 450k book and presents better than a vg [though it isnt] thats the big plus here. When I first saw the scan and scrolled down half way I thought it was another 8.0 till I saw the bottom half and said z cause I over anticipated my excitment over the 1st top half.Dont get me wrong.Gorgious copy!

It's a beautiful copy; and one that I estimate to sell for maybe even 500K+ (due to the presentation factor).

Guess I will have to settle for my Tec #33. :cloud9:

Man,

It's a beautiful copy; and one that I estimate to sell for maybe even 500K+ (due to the presentation factor).

Guess I will have to settle for my Tec #33. :cloud9:

your going to have to go the Heavily restored route to get an affordible copy.Its the only way outside of grandmas attic.