• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

15 DCs To Go

78 posts in this topic

I just got a new scanner and for some reason I can't attach the documents I scan with it. The Adventure 37 was just something I picked up off the internet as a test to see if the problem was something other than my scanner. The fact that I was able to attach the 37 means that the problem is the scanner. Once I figure out what the scanner problem is, I'll post the Adventure 22. By the way, can someone explain to me how to reproduce the picture in my post instead of attaching it?

Sounds like the problem has to do with

- the scans being too large and the mssg board software balking at the file size

- the scans being saved in some file format other than JPEG (.jpg) and the mssg board 'refusing delivery'

- the scanner saving the pics to some other area of your hard drive, and/or saving them with file names you're not seeing?

Just some guesses... as for your other question, there's an entire thread devoted to this process of posting pics after 'posting' attachments...I think it's in the "Ask CGC" area ?

as for your other question, there's an entire thread devoted to this process of posting pics after 'posting' attachments...I think it's in the "Ask CGC" area ?

I tried it once, but gave up trying to understand it.

For the non-technical amongst us, it might as well be in Kryptonese.

I give up. I'm going to have to hire a 9-year-old to show me how to do this.

Tell us, as precisely as you can, each step of what you're doing. Someone should be able to identify the flaw and help you correct the process.

You should be doing these steps:

1. Scan the comic

2. Reduce the image size and save at a relatively low quality to (hopefully) create an image under 150K or whatever the limit is on these forums.

3. Save the scanned image, perhaps as a jpg.

4. Click the link to post a message in these forums - click the checkbox that you want to attach a file

5. Click the Browse button to open a file selection dialog box.

6. Navigate in that file selection box around your hard drive to where your stored the image in step 3

7. Select the item in that file selection box.

8. Click the Continue button to post the message to the forum

So go into detail on those and any other steps you're doing and maybe the problem will be obvious to someone. Obviously you're getting the part about posting/attaching files but you're going astray somewhere else

What a beautiful book.

As someone interested in the history of these books, I find it

interesting that this copy (which is one of the few in the More

Fun run never to have been up for auction) is the earliest with

the "D" that I have seen. #14, 16, 18, and 24 either have no or

second-hand markings. The second "D" that I know of is on #28

(possibly #26, the scan (Greg Manning Oct. 2000 lot 1495)

was too fuzzy to tell for sure).

I know of many "D" coded Mile highs that are earlier than New Adv #22, the earliest being More Fun #18 (January 1937). Others include:

More Fun 19, 20, 26 and New Adventures #14, 17, 19, 21, and also Detective Comics #2, just to anme a few of them!

Timely

What a beautiful book.

As someone interested in the history of these books, I find it

interesting that this copy (which is one of the few in the More

Fun run never to have been up for auction) is the earliest with

the "D" that I have seen.

Why are New Adventure Comics being called the More Fun run ????

> Why are New Adventure Comics being called the More Fun run ????

Hmm... good question. Well, since I brought it up, here is what I have on

the Church "New Adventure"s:

12: Christie's '92, (no picture)

14: Sotheby's '92, no marking

18: Nic Cage, "D"

19: Nic Cage, "D"

20: Nic Cage, no marking(?)

21: Nic Cage, "D"

29: Nic Cage, "D"

I would be curious what the earliest "D" copy (of any title) might be (thanks,

Timely, for your list)?

I would be curious what the earliest "D" copy (of any title) might be (thanks,

Timely, for your list)?

I'm probably gonna make myself sound like a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person for asking, but what exactly is a "D" copy ???

By the way, with any luck I'm down to 12.