• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Peek at the new Overstreet Price Guide #40? - Need Prices Pronto!

62 posts in this topic

Folks Bob Overstreet made the guide more relevant this time around. People do refer to this guide in the end. By the way X-Men 1 has always been the best bang for the buck. Still way undervalued. Hi demand low supply = cheap price= doesn't make sense. GL76 is way overvalued 9.2 $2000. I'll take hulk 181 anyday 9.2 $1650.

My local comic store ripped me off $32 plus tax. I bought it cuz no point in travelling elsewhere far for $25 all in. I know amazon has it for $19 ish but takes too long.

Tried buying a ff1 cgc 4.0 on CL. The seller knew I used this new info $4400 vs $3400 (old guide) and then he took it off CL. Market is quick to react. So now I am empty handed. I mean I even use the buy it now full chop and still the guy won't sell to me.

Good thing I have one still in safe keeping.

Its time to make actual prices go back up.

How do you propose THAT to happen? I can't see anything but a continuing slide until the economy is booming again.

i just paid $30 to heritage and downloaded it right to my desktop on my laptop to have...it's not like having a hard copy in hand,but very convient to have quick access to wherever i am.

I had purchased last year's like that .Today they just sent me an offer to update to the current copy for $18. :)

i just paid $30 to heritage and downloaded it right to my desktop on my laptop to have...it's not like having a hard copy in hand,but very convient to have quick access to wherever i am.

I had purchased last year's like that .Today they just sent me an offer to update to this years for $18. :)

:pullhair:

i knew i should have waited... i bought last year also.

I had purchased last year's like that .They just sent me an offer to update to this years for $18. :)

:pullhair:

i knew i should have waited... i bought last year also.

:sorry:

My local comic store ripped me off $32 plus tax. I bought it cuz no point in travelling elsewhere far for $25 all in. I know amazon has it for $19 ish but takes too long.

Tried buying a ff1 cgc 4.0 on CL. The seller knew I used this new info $4400 vs $3400 (old guide) and then he took it off CL. Market is quick to react. So now I am empty handed. I mean I even use the buy it now full chop and still the guy won't sell to me.

Do you think there's a likely chance that a LCS in Connecticut would have the new guide in stock?

Amazon and Borders are both saying August 3rd...do the LCS's get the guide in faster?

Do you think there's a likely chance that a LCS in Connecticut would have the new guide in stock?

Amazon and Borders are both saying August 3rd...do the LCS's get the guide in faster?

What stores do you go to? :baiting:

:signfunny: all LCS should have the new guides on the racks today.

Might drive down to Cave Comics. (shrug)

Not unexpected, but the Top Ten Silver is becoming very 'Marvelized', and the gap between the Top Five against #6-20 top silver is widening at a frenzied pace:

AF 15 = $100K

FF1 = $70K

Hulk 1 = $65K (soon to overtake FF1?)

Showcase 4 = $54K (the last hurrah for this book)

ASM 1 = $50K (a few 'weak' sales in grade this year)

X-men 1 = $26K

JIM 83 = $24K (should overtake X-men 1 next year)

TOS 39 = $20K (strong sales continue)

Showcase 8 = $18.5K (stagnant)

B&B 28 = $16K (strong gains; lots of room to grow to x-men #1 values)

Flash 105 = $16K

JLA 1 = $14K

Showcase 9 = $14K (stagnant)

Adventure 247 = $13.5K (on the upswing?)

FF 5 = $13K (30% increase over last year. Vic von Doom is the bad boy everyone wants)

TTA 27 = $13K (30% increase for this )

Avengers 1 = $12.5K

Showcase 22 = $12.5K (Dunno what Overstreet is thinking here...)

GL 1 = $11K

FF2 = $10.5K (so for the 1st time ever, a book needs to be worth over $10K to crack the Top Twenty valuable Silver Age books)

Not unexpected, but the Top Ten Silver is becoming very 'Marvelized', and the gap between the Top Five against #6-20 top silver is widening at a frenzied pace:

AF 15 = $100K

FF1 = $70K

Hulk 1 = $65K (soon to overtake FF1?)

Showcase 4 = $54K (the last hurrah for this book)

ASM 1 = $50K (a few 'weak' sales in grade this year)

X-men 1 = $26K

JIM 83 = $24K (should overtake X-men 1 next year)

TOS 39 = $20K (strong sales continue)

Showcase 8 = $18.5K (stagnant)

B&B 28 = $16K (strong gains; lots of room to grow to x-men #1 values)

Flash 105 = $16K

JLA 1 = $14K

Showcase 9 = $14K (stagnant)

Adventure 247 = $13.5K (on the upswing?)

FF 5 = $13K (30% increase over last year. Vic von Doom is the bad boy everyone wants)

TTA 27 = $13K (30% increase for this )

Avengers 1 = $12.5K

Showcase 22 = $12.5K (Dunno what Overstreet is thinking here...)

GL 1 = $11K

FF2 = $10.5K (so for the 1st time ever, a book needs to be worth over $10K to crack the Top Twenty valuable Silver Age books)

I am surprised Daredevil #1 didn`t make the cut.

Really my Amazon order says shipped, I did pre-order mine a few months ago?

Edit, I just checked, if you have Amazon prime you can get it tommorrow with one day shipping or monday with two day shipping, if you go with standard shipping you will get in August 3. I hope this info helps.