• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey Into Mystery #83 Page

61 posts in this topic

closed at 65K

That Avengers #1 page sold for 26K+ - netted the seller 22K, which I think he could have gotten privately, if not more. Oh well.

12K for the Thor 141 page was strong, but it was one of the cover images.

I do by far.

Do most collectors consider this page from JIM #83 far superior to the JIM #84 splash that sold a few months ago for $44K?

I know a lot of people didn't love the JIM #84 page but I did. I like them both for different reasons. If I had to choose I'd rather want this page simply because it was a first appearance.

Fun auction to watch!

I cut bid the Kirby surfer splash and lost by that 1/2 bid :cry:
Who knows what the next bid would have taken it to.

(shrug)

I cut bid the Kirby surfer splash and lost by that 1/2 bid :cry:
Who knows what the next bid would have taken it to.

(shrug)

true...the next bid took it over my cut...I was underbidder but was "high" bidder for a few seconds :cloud9:

The JIM 123 cover and the DD 186 cover both went for under $30K each. Both seem surprisingly low to me (especially the DD cover in light of what the last one went for). DD panel pages were very strong though.

Never underestimate what adding a girl (Black Widow/Elektra) to a page can do.

The JIM 123 cover and the DD 186 cover both went for under $30K each. Both seem surprisingly low to me (especially the DD cover in light of what the last one went for). DD panel pages were very strong though.

The JIM 123 cover was quite possibly one of Colleta's worst inking jobs ever (if that can be quantified). I also don't think the extremely cheesy computer-colored version on the cover did the seller any favors. But, of course, that's just my opinion.

Even with the last panel being like the cover, $12K for the Thor 141 page 10 seems a very keen price for a Kirby Thor interior with Colletta inks.

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7023&Lot_No=93155

Aside from historical significance, aesthetically, that was the best damn Kirby page in the auction, and one of the best of the period...period. To Hell with Colletta, Kirby's brilliance could not be denied on that one! Every panel was action packed goodness. It is Dynamic, abstract, and classic Kirby Action. Plus the 4th panel was part of a cover.

Awesome!! That JIm # 141 page, and the huge Silver Star represented Kirby at his best!

Both pieces to me could hang in the MOMA. The JIM # 83 page was great as well, and decent price for both seller and buyer, but Kirby's style was not as prime.

Even with the last panel being like the cover, $12K for the Thor 141 page 10 seems a very keen price for a Kirby Thor interior with Colletta inks.

I have to agree entirely, i have seen lots of better pages (IMO) go for far less, could this just be a case of two motivated buyers?

Talking about motivated buyers, doesn't Fishler have 2 or 3 pages of the JIM #83 story, could he possibly be trying to put this back together again and have been either the buyer or the underbidder ?

I have to agree entirely, i have seen lots of better pages (IMO) go for far less, could this just be a case of two motivated buyers?

Talking about motivated buyers, doesn't Fishler have 2 or 3 pages of the JIM #83 story, could he possibly be trying to put this back together again and have been either the buyer or the underbidder ?

I always thought this was one of the pages that he already owned, but I know he is on these boards, so he can answer this question himself he he wishes to do so. I have a very fuzzy memory that this JIM 83 page was advertised in the back of the CBG waay back

I always thought this was one of the pages that he already owned, but I know he is on these boards, so he can answer this question himself he he wishes to do so. I have a very fuzzy memory that this JIM 83 page was advertised in the back of the CBG waay back

My memory says pages 10, 11, 13 on the JIM #83,

Just checked his CAF and those are on there.

Well, four pages is a long way (not to mention lots of $$$) from putting the story back together!

Whilst its definately a long way away in $$ terms, it would be 4 pages out of the 13 page story, so roughly 31% of the story completed.

I think you forgot that the Thor story is only part of the comic.

Whilst its definately a long way away in $$ terms, it would be 4 pages out of the 13 page story, so roughly 31% of the story completed.

I think you forgot that the Thor story is only part of the comic.

Very true! That makes it a little more doable, and it is definitely a story that would be great to see reassembled. :wishluck:

I have never owned the page that was auctioned off. I have 3 pages but this is not one of them.