• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Family averts forclosure by finding Action #1 in the basement (real story)

93 posts in this topic

"The fortuitous find occurred when the anonymous family began the painful process of packing up their home due to a bank's foreclosure proceedings. The house had been in the family's possession since the 1950s"

When did they start offering 60+ year mortgages?

this is the US. they took out a second to buy an SUV and an HDTV.

Exactly, they probably had 12 mortgages and a huge line of credit on the house, after the parents gave it to them free and clear. The Action 1 just proves that the kids are maroons compared to their parents/grandparents and will probably be in foreclosure again in few years.

"The fortuitous find occurred when the anonymous family began the painful process of packing up their home due to a bank's foreclosure proceedings. The house had been in the family's possession since the 1950s"

Exactly, they probably had 12 mortgages and a huge line of credit on the house, after the parents gave it to them free and clear. The Action 1 just proves that the kids are maroons compared to their parents/grandparents and will probably be in foreclosure again in few years.

Sad but true.

When I moved alls I found was half a dead ing squirrel, had to peel it off the basement carpet with a snow shovel... Good times.

What did it sell for on Ebay? There are people that will buy anything on Ebay.

I can see the ebay auction now.

Dead squirrel in the shape of Jesus. $200,000

Yup. My wife works at a credit union. The percentage of people who have had their homes for decades yet have little or no equity is simply breathtaking. When we refinanced a few years ago at a very low rate, they were stunned that we just wanted to reduce the payment and the term and we did not wish to take any cash. doh!

I used to scratch my head when I saw people I knew had average salaries driving expensive cars, always having the hottest gadgets and always going on expensive vacations. Not anymore. Now I know they are mortgaging away their future for the high life today.

How do you know that?

You mean they did not buy the house off the parents or have medical bills?

You are negativity to the extreme-

Who's to say this isn't a sensationalized story to get more for the book? I wouldn't put anything past the comic book industry...

Gotta say I agree

Something about this story rings false

Good Marketing gimmick though

People love a good story