• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name this book!

21 posts in this topic

No-prize goes out to the 1st correct answer - what book is this? I picked it up a while back and was somewhat concerned with the "writing" on this page, which was not disclosed to me prior to the purchase!! thumbsup2.gif

robert.jpg

I know that the Wonder Bread comment was made in jest. But on a serious note, I keep seeeing forum members refer to using Wonder Bread to clean books. Can someone explain to me what they're talking about?

Here is the link:

Wonder Bread

It really is what it sounds like. If you have an old comic that is dirty or has writing etc, you can use a piece of wonder bread on the cover to remove some of the dirt and make the comic look better. There is a better description if you follow the link thumbsup2.gif

Well, I know it's not Suspense 10, so I'll guess 11. By the way, does anyone else out there think that 10 has the coolest L.B. Cole cover of the run, or are 8 & 11 everyone elses favorites?

#10 is ok, but here is my favorites list on all 12 Suspense covers, top being the best, IMO.

Favorite

least favorite 893blahblah.gif

Timely

Suspense 11?

Overstreet only lists #10 and #11 as having Rudy Palais art. #11 is the really nice LB Cole Devil cover.

Just a guess.

One no-prize comin' your way! thumbsup2.gif

While I'm not real big on getting signatures, I did end up with this book by chance as well as a Wonder Comics 16(?) signed by Schomburg on the front cover.

suspense9small.jpg

No, I've seen many though, awesome to see in person!

Timely

If you put a fedora on the guy's head and gave him a whip instead of a spear it would look just like an Indiana Jones adventure. It reminds me a little of the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.