• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone see any of the following at SDCC?

39 posts in this topic

I saw the following in LA a couple of days before SDCC, so I assume they made the trip there:

cover to Uncanny #124

last page splash for #132

Out of curiosity, who had the cover for #113? Not that I could afford it. :)

Later.

-Will

Does anyone know if there were any nice xmen pages from byrne or cockrums original run, or any nice neal adams pages for sale? Thanks.

Burkey had a couple pages, one from Batman 232. Mannarinos had some Detective pages. Bechara had two splashes, one fromm Detective 400 and the other from Detective 407. I know Bechara's pages sold the first day.

Will, was there a price for the 132 last page x-men splash???

Thanks

Raul

Someone else mentioned it already, but it was marked at 25K. It was stunning when I came across it while looking at what he had - really nice, clean, and white. Actually prefered it over the 124 cover, but that's me. :)

Later.

-Will

In going back over the books, it was actually the last page splash to 133, not 132 that I saw priced at $25k. I didn't see 132 (which isn't a splash, but has Wolverine coming out of the water in the sewer "now it's my turn"). 133 is the Hellfire Club, and the X-Men in shackles, with the final line "Cyclops is dead!".

Spoiler alert! He's not dead.

Ron

In going back over the books, it was actually the last page splash to 133, not 132 that I saw priced at $25k. I didn't see 132 (which isn't a splash, but has Wolverine coming out of the water in the sewer "now it's my turn"). 133 is the Hellfire Club, and the X-Men in shackles, with the final line "Cyclops is dead!".

Ron

Is that the one that Albert Moy has/had? The one that was partially re-inked by Austin?

Will, did you see who had that 132 wolverine coming out of the water half-splash, i would like to contact him?

Thanks

Raul

I don't think that one was there. It sounds like 133's last page was the only one and the number was initially mistaken.

Ron

Is that the one that Albert Moy has/had? The one that was partially re-inked by Austin?

Yep. And, the word ballons are on an overlay.

Full disclosure: I used to own that splash. I had Tom Orz redo the word balloons as an overlay. Terry's inks had faded as they were marker and I believe Albert had Scott Williams reink the faded parts after I traded it to him.