• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet Mistakes

143 posts in this topic

Are you 5 years old?

No, but you must be to equate a CGC forum post to the rigorous demands of a journalist. Grow up, this is a stupid funny book forum, and lots of people repeat data or $ numbers others have stated.

Or are well supposed to automatically take everything posted here as a lie? Sorry, if FD compiles a helpful new list of OS 35-cent variant prices from the latest OS, with no one disputing it, then I'll believe him before calling him a liar.

Are you 5 years old?

No, but you must be to equate a CGC forum post to the rigorous demands of a journalist. Grow up, this is a stupdi funny book forum, and lots of people repeat data or $ numbers others have stated.

Or are well supposed to automatically take everything posted here as a lie? Is that what you're saying?

Much like Manny being Manny, it's just JC being JC. You have my forgiveness.

Why don't you just FDQ yourself out of here (again) and leave us alone.

What!?! And have the economic stability of the VCC collapse due to the sudden withdrawal of birthday money? You should be ashamed for only thinking about yourself. (tsk)

Why don't you just FDQ yourself out of here (again) and leave us alone.

What!?! And have the economic stability of the VCC collapse due to the sudden withdrawal of birthday money? You should be ashamed for only thinking about yourself. (tsk)

Forgive me for I know not what I do. :sorry:

See JC? That's how you apologize. Now, you try. C'mon, it's cleansing.

I see you're still living on here posting in record numbers using your virtual identity of Forum :censored::censored::censored::censored: .

Good work, MK's post total is in your sights!!

I see you're still living on here posting in record numbers using your virtual identity of Forum :censored::censored::censored::censored: .

Good work, MK's post total is in your sights!!

:acclaim:

At least other board members can prove I exist.

Can someone please confirm that OS corrected the value of ASM 15.

As you can see from this, in last years guide they have the 8.0 price almost he same as ASM 14. It has really made an impact in ASM 15 prices (which sucked for me because I needed one until I settled for my 7.5)

I called them 6 months ago and spoke with one of the editors and told him about the mistake.... want to make sure it was fixed.

ASMPricelist.jpg

Joe. Folks are hammering you because you lazily repeated something erroneous and acted as though it was accurate until it became clear it wasn't. Let's say a journalist puts something out there and doesn't bother to confirm its accuracy.

What? Did you actually write that? Do you actually think I'm a CGC journalist? :roflmao::roflmao:

Bronzejohnny is a member of the CGC forums, just like me, and he posted something erroneous and unconfirmed (which BTW, no one else corrected), and had no one troll his thread. I am a member of the CGC forums, and just repeated that erroneous info and half the forum jumps on me.

I guess that's because I'm a journalist covering the CGC scene and bronzejohnny is just a regular guy, right? lol

Joe. You knucklehead--did you not READ the part where I said I knew you weren't a journalist--but that the metaphor is still helpful? You conveniently didn't quote that part. :shrug: :lol: And I never said you were a "CGC journalist"! Take it out of context, brother, right on. :thumbsup: Don't forget to file your formerly Bronze books of 1970-1972 in a Silver box now. :whee:

Can someone please confirm that OS corrected the value of ASM 15.

As you can see from this, in last years guide they have the 8.0 price almost he same as ASM 14. It has really made an impact in ASM 15 prices (which sucked for me because I needed one until I settled for my 7.5)

I called them 6 months ago and spoke with one of the editors and told him about the mistake.... want to make sure it was fixed.

ASMPricelist.jpg

Yes, it's fixed.

ASM #14 values are 169, 338, 507, 1479, 2940, and 4400

ASM #15 values are 84, 168, 252, 714, 1407, and 2100 (thumbs u

Are you 5 years old?

No, but you must be to equate a CGC forum post to the rigorous demands of a journalist. Grow up, this is a stupid funny book forum, and lots of people repeat data or $ numbers others have stated.

Or are well supposed to automatically take everything posted here as a lie? Sorry, if FD compiles a helpful new list of OS 35-cent variant prices from the latest OS, with no one disputing it, then I'll believe him before calling him a liar.

Hey, Joe. You ain't comprehending what you're reading and you just responded to the wrong fella. mschmidt never said anything about a journalist--that was me, bro. :hi::acclaim: Incidentally, who called you a liar? You were just wrong, and that's okay. :makepoint:

Are you 5 years old? ...

Hey, Joe. You ain't comprehending what you're reading

Wow, this is really funny. I just wandered into this thread after having pretty much the same conversation with JC myself.

I almost feel bad for pointing out his cognitive deficiencies now, apparently it's a larger problem for him than I realized. Joe, I take it all back, you aren't an !diot, you are a respected and valuable contributor to our culture and we are truly fortunate to have you here.

Don't know why I'm bothering, especially since there's always such politeness and respect on these boards for fellow human beings. I particularly love the insults toward my doctoral degree, which is *offered* by the University of Baltimore but *recognized* everywhere as exactly what it is - a terminal doctorate that took years of my life and extensive theoretical and practical work. But that's OK, insult away. And just to clarify as I take it some others already did:

"Part of the confusion may be that the thesis "The Bronze Age started the night Gwen Stacy died" was Arnold Blumberg's in an article he wrote a few years ago in Overstreet. "

This is the line that apparently started all this, and it's wrong. Jeff and I - and yes, we were the editorial heads of Overstreet at the time and Bob stood behind everything we said - wrote that article to try to clarify the Overstreet reasoning behind the various Age labels and throw out some new ways of looking at them. Nothing was really changed or moved at all, and never once did I even entertain the notion that 1973 or Gwen's death should be the *start* of the Bronze Age. What we were instead offering as a way of thinking was that the Ages could be seen not just in terms of single-issue turning points but rather as years-long "shifts" during which one Age gave way to another. In that article we suggested that the Bronze Age, which began with GL/GA #76 and so on, could be seen to settle fully into itself when Gwen's death rolled around. That's all. The start wasn't moving at all, we were just suggesting a transition period that ended in '73.

But keep on misquoting me and insulting my genuine academic work and credentials if it makes you feel better about yourselves. :)

It makes a lot of sense to consider transitional periods rather than hard start/stop dates. Masaccio didn't wake up one day and decide it was time to start the Renaissance.
This is true, he waited until after he had breakfast.

:shy: