• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling some Marvel and DC comic book runs. (updated!!! 08/02@4:45pm CST)

183 posts in this topic

Green Lantern:

Green Lantern vol2: #142-#200 missing: #158-#160

Green Lantern vol3: #1-#181 missing: #23, #26, #52-#54, #125-#126

Green Lantern vol4: #1-#52 missing: none

Green Lantern Corps vol1: #201-#224 missing: none

Green Lantern Corps vol2: #1-46 missing: none

Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn I: #1-#6 missing: none

Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn II: #1-#6 missing: none

Green Lantern: Mosaic: #1-#18 missing: none

Green Lantern: Rebirth: #1-#6 missing: none

Green Lantern Corps: Recharge: #1-#5 missing: none

Ion: #1-#12 missing: none

Green Lantern/Sinestro Corps War:

Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps Special #1

Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Parallax #1

Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Cyborg-Superman #1

Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Superman-Prime #1

Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Ion #1

Green Lantern/Blackest Night:

Blackest Night: #0-#8 missing: none

Blackest Night: Tales Of The Corps: #1-3

all of these for: $110

takeit.gif

Rupp stole this lot. Holy moses!!!

Justice League:

Justice League of America vol1: #246-#261 missing: #255

Justice League(1987): #1-#6 missing: none

Justice League International vol1: #7-#25 missing: none

Justice League Europe: #1-#50 missing: #21, #43

Justice League America(1989): #26-#113 missing: #38, #66-#69, #94-#97

JLA: #1-#125 missing: #33, #76, #95-#98

Justice League of America(2006): #1-#43 missing: none

all of these for: $75

Flash:

The Flash vol1: #321-#350 missing: #333-#337

The Flash vol2: #1-#247 missing: #34-#39, #52, #88-#89, #124, #174-#177, #209

The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive: #1-#13 missing: none

The Flash: Rebirth: #1-#6 missing: none

Blackest Night: The Flash: #1-#3 missing: none

all of these for: $75

:takeit: JLA, and Flash

Wonder Woman:

Wonder Woman vol1: #300-#329 missing: #315, #324 28

Wonder Woman vol2: #1-#226 missing: #18-#19, #44, #138-#141, #159 218

Wonder Woman vol3: #1-#41 missing: none 41

all of these for $65

X-Treme X-Men: #1-#46 missing: none

all of these for: $10

:takeit: Wonderwoman and X-Treme X-Men

WTF is this? Good thing I never paid yet- I asked for telephone# and full name so I know who I am dealing with and no reply. Thats why I don't buy much from the boards.

This could be a case of "if it's too good to be true, then it probably is".... :ohnoez:

WTF is this? Good thing I never paid yet- I asked for telephone# and full name so I know who I am dealing with and no reply. Thats why I don't buy much from the boards.

This could be a case of "if it's too good to be true, then it probably is".... :ohnoez:

it's not normal to sell sets for 10% of retail? did the "seller" have any posts here prior to this thread? i hope it works out for everyone but i wouldn't hold my breath.

it's not normal to sell sets for 10% of retail? did the "seller" have any posts here prior to this thread? i hope it works out for everyone but i wouldn't hold my breath.

you forgot free shipping in addition to 10% of retail :D

I have a bad feeling about this....

I haven't heard back from him since over the weekend. I sent him a message on Monday, which he read, asking for the tracking number and I still haven't heard back. I followed up yesterday with another PM and an e-mail to his paypal e-mail account and still haven't heard back.

Figured it was too good to be true... but I hope he comes through and proves our doubts wrong.

I'm just going to put my two cents in since there was a similar situation that occured a short time ago.

2c

I may be wrong in this case, but just because prices are low doesn't mean there is a problem. Prices are expected to be lower here on the boards and comics aren't selling very well right now. Thoe are reasons for low prices.

Questioning low prices is something you should do in other areas of the board. If the offer proves to be false, there are ways to deal with it. Not getting a response from a seller in one day, or from anyone else for that matter, does not constitute fraud. Some people have lives.

Suggesting that someone is being fraudulent in their sales thread without proof isn't the right way to deal with the situation. It's against board rules to begin with. It will cost the seller sales and if you are proved wrong, sorry doesn't cut it.

Discussion of doubt about a sellers sincerity should be done in others areas specifically designed for discussions like this or in PM’s, not in the thread.

The last time this happened the sale was cancelled because a newbie questioned the low price of the books being sold by a long time member. A lot of people were pissed.

So remember where you are, what the rules are and observe common etiquette.

:rulez:

The last time this happened the sale was cancelled because a newbie questioned the low price of the books being sold by a long time member. A lot of people were pissed.

Isn't this the exact opposite of that situation?

I agree that questioning his sincerity should not be done in this thread, but those of us reporting our interactions with him and missing tracking numbers should be done in this thread just as a FYI to the rest of the community.

I'm just going to put my two cents in since there was a similar situation that occured a short time ago.

2c

I may be wrong in this case, but just because prices are low doesn't mean there is a problem. Prices are expected to be lower here on the boards and comics aren't selling very well right now. Thoe are reasons for low prices.

Questioning low prices is something you should do in other areas of the board. If the offer proves to be false, there are ways to deal with it. Not getting a response from a seller in one day, or from anyone else for that matter, does not constitute fraud. Some people have lives.

Suggesting that someone is being fraudulent in their sales thread without proof isn't the right way to deal with the situation. It's against board rules to begin with. It will cost the seller sales and if you are proved wrong, sorry doesn't cut it.

Discussion of doubt about a sellers sincerity should be done in others areas specifically designed for discussions like this or in PM’s, not in the thread.

This makes sense but when does common etiquette bang against protecting fellow collectors? I actually put up an :takeit: for the Wolverine set early on but then got some PMs that raised some red flags. Seller stated in the thread that he personally purchased most of the issues but then stated in a PM that he had only paid 1/2 of what he was charging for the books which did not make sense considering the cover price of books. He also offered to lower the price of the sets to make a sale but with shipping prices he was already giving the books away which a collector would know. I really want to believe he is a guy just wanting to get rid of a bunch of comics but my gut tells me that I should have voiced my opinion in public a while ago :( I hope this all works out for everyone and I will be kicking myself for not grabbing some of the sets.

Isn't this the exact opposite of that situation?

I agree that questioning his sincerity should not be done in this thread, but those of us reporting our interactions with him and missing tracking numbers should be done in this thread just as a FYI to the rest of the community.

I don't agree. The entire board is structured to inform the community. There are areas for this type of discussion. The thread isn't the place to do it.

What if the seller had an emergency and wasn't near a computer to address questions? Time should be allowed for such cases without the threat of people casting dispersions on the sellers integrity.

The seller has 30 days to get the books to you without harassment. Unless he told you to expect a tracking number within 24 hours, you're jumping the gun.

Payment by Paypal particularly when connected to a credit card offers you protection especially when using the purchase method. I think patience not guessing is what should be practiced.

I'm not going to fight this battle. This situation will work itself out. I think my comment was dictated by common sense and what should be expected as far as respect for people in general goes. In light of past events here, the rules should be observed.

2c

This makes sense but when does common etiquette bang against protecting fellow collectors? I actually put up an :takeit: for the Wolverine set early on but then got some PMs that raised some red flags. Seller stated in the thread that he personally purchased most of the issues but then stated in a PM that he had only paid 1/2 of what he was charging for the books which did not make sense considering the cover price of books. He also offered to lower the price of the sets to make a sale but with shipping prices he was already giving the books away which a collector would know. I really want to believe he is a guy just wanting to get rid of a bunch of comics but my gut tells me that I should have voiced my opinion in public a while ago :( I hope this all works out for everyone and I will be kicking myself for not grabbing some of the sets.

I can't answer a lot of those questions. I'm not trying to sweep away the doubts. The seller is new to the boards and all I can say is that if the sale turns out to be bogus, he will have his name on THE list so fast it will make his head spin. But there is a process and a rush to judgement before anyone has received anything (or nothing) isn't right.

Dealing with newbie sellers can be harrowing. A lot of times they don't know what they're doing. They feel the need to tell people where the books came from to make themselves look like they aren't making money or losing money. Who knows, maybe he got the books for free. Who knows why his story keeps changing.

This conversation will certainly affect his sales and if he turns out to be honest, it will tarnish the reputation of the board and it's members and make this place seem pretty unfriendly to new members.

All I'm saying is that low prices and slow communication are not a reason to turn this thread into a speculation party about someones integrity. For the time being, until some evidence or proof is gathered, that sort of conversation should be relegated to PM's and other discussion areas.