• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling some Marvel and DC comic book runs. (updated!!! 08/02@4:45pm CST)

183 posts in this topic

Weird, I've been reading your name wrong too :(

Not that you knew it, but, sorry bout that :foryou:

That's pretty funny. Makes me wonder if you guys have it right and I'm the one who has my name wrong. hm

Could it be Stevey Fisher? I can see I got it wrong stvfisher. Won't happen again.

Meanwhile it appears the seller has taken a powder. WTF! It's probably too early to put his name on the list, but to leave town with like $40 and ruin his name here just doesn't make sense to me. (shrug)

That's pretty funny. Makes me wonder if you guys have it right and I'm the one who has my name wrong. hm

Could it be Stevey Fisher? I can see I got it wrong stvfisher. Won't happen again.

Meanwhile it appears the seller has taken a powder. WTF! It's probably too early to put his name on the list, but to leave town with like $40 and ruin his name here just doesn't make sense to me. (shrug)

$40 bucks will buy a healthy dose of meth. ...er I've been told.

More like $400+ from all his sales

More like $400+ from all his sales

Now THATS a healthy dose of meth! :banana:

Not everyone has paid. Still, things have to be pretty bad for someone to pull a stunt like this appears be.

If he doesn't respond soon, I would probably start the Paypal process to reverse the transactions. If you have a credit card associated with the PP account, you can just have the transaction reversed. If you paid for goods not personal, then PP will go after the cash and it's guaranteed by PP anyway.

The first time I deal with anyone I pay regular not personal. After that personal is fine.

Maybe people that sell here should have to go through a trial run before being able to sell lots of stuff. Limit the number of items being sold or dollar amount the first time out. It might prevent a debacle like this. Just a thought.

I hit the I'll take it and sent him money via paypal, but he refunded it and asked me to send it to a different address. I told him I wanted to wait until the refund cleared and never heard from him.

If he doesn't respond soon, I would probably start the Paypal process to reverse the transactions. If you have a credit card associated with the PP account, you can just have the transaction reversed. If you paid for goods not personal, then PP will go after the cash and it's guaranteed by PP anyway.

Unfortunately, that's not correct.

If it's a transaction outside of ebay, PP will try to get you a refund, but they don't guarantee it - if the seller doesn't have the money in his PP account to cover the refund, PP will send you an email saying that "they are very sorry, but weren't able to recover the funds from the seller". And there's nothing you can do about that.

If you pay with a credit card through PP, and file a charge-back through the credit card company, you'll have no such problems, though :thumbsup:

If anyone wants to try to reach him... here was the name and email for the first paypal address.

W Carey Townsend

Email:

townsend@gmx.us

This might be worth checking out...

I just googled "W Carey Townsend" and the second link appears to be a facebook link for "Nola Comic-Con | Facebook". Looks to be either a comment on the page by "W Carey Townsend" or the page is owned by that person. Something about living in "Slidell". I can't get to the page at work (Facebook is blocked), but maybe there is something there to trackdown (shrug)

If anyone wants to try to reach him... here was the name and email for the first paypal address.

W Carey Townsend

Email:

townsend@gmx.us

I just googled "W Carey Townsend" and the second link appears to be a facebook link for "Nola Comic-Con | Facebook". Looks to be either a comment on the page by "W Carey Townsend" or the page is owned by that person. Something about living in "Slidell". I can't get to the page at work (Facebook is blocked), but maybe there is something there to trackdown (shrug)

A couple of quick searchs and I have a pic, realitives, address, where the guy went to school, his age, and his profession. Don't want to be too reckless cause I clearly don't know if it's the same guy... but if anyone wants the info, pm me.

W Carey Townsend

Email:

townsend@gmx.us

A couple of quick searchs and I have a pic, realitives, address, where the guy went to school, his age, and his profession. Don't want to be too reckless cause I clearly don't know if it's the same guy... but if anyone wants the info, pm me.

The info you found has his profession listed as graphic designer - which matches what he told me over PM ...

W Carey Townsend

Email:

townsend@gmx.us

The info you found has his profession listed as graphic designer - which matches what he told me over PM ...

I'd say its the same guy...way too much in common to just be coincidence. The location matches up, the name matches up, profession matches, and the guy's posting on comic con pages.

So basically everything he's told us in the PMs and on these boards seem somewhat true... with the exception of him mailing us our comics.

I said before and I'll say it again....

I hope he comes through for all of us and I have to publicly (on these forums) apologize to him.

Note to self - don't tick off the members of this board. They will find me!

Seems like a good time to bust out a classic Brodie line: You f*@!#rs think just because a guy reads comics he can't start some ?